Sunday, February 06, 2011

Super Bowl / Chinese New Year dinner - "I sorry... I don't know English!"

Steph and Lisa picked us up - Lisa's family are Green Bay Packers fans, and that's fine with me since Ben Roethlisberger is on the Pittsburgh Steelers! Teunis and I both admit to not knowing much about football, but he did have some good stories to tell about Surrey / X-Men / Will Smith / the BC Lions in general! Mom said that she couldn't pronounce "Teunis," but she did it while saying that! It was cute hearing Grandma tell him "I sorry - I don't know English," haha. She even told me to let him "sit down" (in English) when he had a perfectly good seat for his netbook - Steph got both our parents to look at it, too. We had chips, cookies, and Chinese New Year treats while translating various things for Teunis and Lisa: "How are you, Grandma?" "You can see me, so I'm good!" Hahahaha!

The Super Bowl ended up being background noise as Lisa looked at Steph's baby / childhood pictures, among other things. Jon said that Eric was coming for dinner, so that was good too. Discussed ribs, Chinese desserts (LEEN GOH), football plays, fish, gnocchi, booze cake, oranges, toilet paper / Kleenex, composting, the Fellowship retreat, Micah crying at the right time in Ivan's prayer when he mentioned new babies this morning, Communion servers, Tim / Maxine (her pregnancy) / Joshua / Keenan, Dutch names, Phil preaching today, and Deb's suggestion of Ginger and Garlic for the AGM on Friday. We also talked about uploading some dishes pictures to Facebook, making my face match my red sweater and hat, lucky money, measuring people's butts, movie sets, when Steph's birthday dinner will be (Valentine's Day night at Master Hong's?!), living in Surrey, Dave Wong, French Press coffee / TERRIBLE beer, cheap Valentine's Day candy on Feb. 15, GLEE, Michael Jackson, THRILLER, zombies, commercials, Android software, funny jokes about NFL players being spokespeople for domestic violence (it's sad that those are funny), Nate / REN & STIMPY / Bruce Lee, Reggie White, my mom's cat-eating story (she also ate dog once?), and more. My mom dragged me into the kitchen to ask if I had any "designs" on Teunis, and to reiterate that "friendship can be more INTENSE!" *rolleyes* (she also asked if I'd talked to the dead fish in the sink yet...) Jon and Harmony drove us home - once there, we talked about radio shows / WOW / orange meringue pie / money / laundry.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home