Saturday, February 19, 2011

Soup, no rushing, the kids dropping like flies, and Valentine's packages

I decided to take advantage of the sunny weather EARLIER and go out, as opposed to going out in the dark after I got home from Awana. Went to London Drugs, and discovered that the scissors I was going to get were on sale anyway - always nice to get them for $5 off, haha. Also bought on-sale Lipton Cup-A-Soup (four for $5 - spring vegetable and chicken noodle), on-sale Lindt mini-hearts, Lindt milk chocolate / dark chocolate mini eggs, on-sale mango aloe vera drink ($1 off), and a pack of ten hangers for $4. Got home after waiting for the bus to have German pancakes and a sausage with maple syrup, which was interesting! Good thing I woke up / left when I did, otherwise I'd be rushing to get home and check stuff before Henry picked me up - phew! Now I can concentrate on the usual things and eat Smartfood popcorn, haha.

Teunis and I talked about XKCD, re-writing games in a continuing story (I don't envy Jordan!), gaming "homework," INXS, silly "awards," and more stuff. Just before Henry called me, Kempy reminded me that it's Kurt Cobain's birthday tomorrow - NICE! Henry and I talked about the chilly yet sunny weather, the birthday potluck at his house, and more on the way to church. In the parkade, little Ian M. saw me in the car from the elevator entrance, and waved... of course, I waved back and said hi to his dad David. When we got into the church, Ian saw me as we were passing the front desk and said hi. I said hi back, and he gave me a hug, saying that he'd said hi earlier - I told him that I knew about it, heh. Things were different because the older kids had gone bowling today, too.

Said hi to Chrystal, Golden, Mike, Margaret (who said it was a good thing that I missed something that JUST happened), Ashley, and others. Chrystal hadn't gotten any Valentine's candy, so I made up a Ziploc bag package for her from our excess when I got home - York peppermint patties, Lindt / regular chocolate hearts, Life jellybeans, ju-jube hearts, and more. (sampled some, as well) I also tried the Maynard's squirting candy, which was interesting and SWEET! Wished Golden a happy birthday for tomorrow; he's staying home for now, which definitely works! He asked whether I knew where Daniel was - nope! Stanley came in later, saying that his kid Aaron was sick - his aunt was upstairs, though we took care of him! (another kid got sick later on, too) Chris Lam asked us whether we all just sat around and were bored: basically! He said there was nothing stopping us from going up to help - hahaha, nice.

Later, Julie S. came to hang out with us - she's been BORED since she was at home on the couch for three weeks straight. Poor girl had the flu, and then pneumonia on top of it! I asked if her dad took care of her - not really, although he did try making congee once! (her mom's dead) After Awana, I noted that Ian M. and Gabriel were on the drums - Amanda told me that she was SEVEN now! Yup, I remember that. I told Sean that he could borrow my 1999 Guinness World Records book, as well as have one package of chocolate hearts. We waited for Ada to finish training, then drove one of the Nancys home, too. Sean asked me questions about the calories in the chocolate (no idea!), the pages in the book, scary stuff, how far it was from my place to Nancy's place (no clue), random math, "picking up" people (he meant "dropping off" people), big walls, horrible places, and more. Crazy kid, man!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home