Friday, February 18, 2011

Amethyst, metal chopsticks, beef jerky, cranberry cheesecake, and more!

I took a shower, and then Teunis and I were pretty much off to Yaohan after having grilled cheese sandwiches (him) and crackers (me) - yup, we needed several items for sure! First, he had to do some banking before we went to Yaohan to get some Korean food / groceries prior to going to Save-On Foods and Richmond Centre. Talked about his laundry, the hydro bill (yay for help!), budgetary concerns, war, history, internment camps, getting a WIND phone after all, snacks tiding us over, stomach shrinkage, variety in mushrooms, bananas, (spinach) noodles, crazy parking lots, soy milk, HELLO KITTY biscuits (like Royal Dansk butter ones) for the gaming group / Jordan to present to Alicia, Andrew / Teresa, shoes, spicy beef jerky, kimchi / ramen, food preferences, cranberry cheesecake on special, vegetables, and more. At Yaohan, we decided to go randomly exploring upstairs - we found a "Golden Jade Shop" which Kaili would apparently love... amethyst, purple crystals, and more! Of course Teunis has to take her there sometime! We heard yapping from the counter, which surprised me until I saw little toy dogs. Then we saw a shop with lots of cooking stuff - we got spoons of varying sizes, METAL CHOPSTICKS, portable chopsticks, a juicer, and more.

We also saw a bunch of computer stores, and he showed me a laptop bag on display - yes, that might be what I need! Talked about graham crust being a bit too sweet, so he might as well use flour. I got some Smartfood popcorn (which I'll eat when Teunis isn't home - like tomorrow), on-sale creamy garlic Raffaelo Sidekicks, and two tubs of Greek yogurt from Save-On. Note to self: quit going off by myself! He got a couple of videos (like UNBREAKABLE), bread (which I don't have to get tomorrow from London Drugs - along with mini eggs and Cup-A-Soup), and some other stuff. OUR FEMALE CLERK WAS APPARENTLY NAMED SHERMAN!!!!! WTF?!

Then we went to Richmond Centre so he could get his phone: I stopped by Shoppers Drug Mart to get thank-you cards, brown rice crisps (which I hope Eric will eat), and blueberry juice. Forgot to buy scissors for the Aldo bag, but I can do that tomorrow since I don't feel like going out again tonight! I spent so much time in the store that I thought Teunis might be done - nope, there was more paperwork than I figured! We talked about (unlocking) the Android cellphone, Viking founder funerals, and more - at least he'll see the Hundred Mile House folks fairly soon? I noted that it was already past 7 by the time I got to the WIND kiosk, but - as I told Teunis later - I didn't really want to go to Bible Study anyway! Haha, at least PAPERWORK provides a convenient excuse! My phone message to Eric later: "Hey - sorry about that. Turns out White Man #3 wanted to get a WIND phone from the mall, and the paperwork took longer than I thought! We left at 3, and came home at 7:45! To be fair, we did other things than buy the phone, but that was the sticking point. See you on Sunday." Since I was home, I decided to do my own laundry. Talked about auto-correct, too...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home