Sunday, November 14, 2010

Turkey with Billie, earrings, Bathroom Readers, mythology, and postponement with Chinese Eric

Got out of the apartment perhaps later than I should have, but got to the Canada Line station at 2:20 or so! Billie had been waiting since 1:50 (oops), and had a guy ask her where Richmond Centre was! Um... try looking across the street, and it should be right there! Of course, her dad always says that sometimes it's easy to overlook painfully obvious things, which is true! We went to Shoppers Drug Mart first, where I bought some Kinder Bueno (hazelnut instead of milky filling is GOOD, says Quan) and five Advent calendars for me / Jon / Harmony / Lisa / Steph. (I wouldn't want to pay $10.50 or $12 for the Kinder or Lindt ones... or $70 for a 4.5kg bar of Toblerone!) She was in the mood for Japanese food, but I've had too much sushi over the last couple of days, so we went to White Spot instead. (Milestones no longer being around) Since I was craving turkey, I had a hot turkey sandwich (yay for stuffing and mashed potatoes and double gravy!), while she had fettuccine Alfredo with chicken - we shared a calamari dish, which she paid me back for later since it was on my bill.

We talked about Claire's, her work, Nicole's party, Joel, Christmas stuff, Fuji not liking Aaron, Cecilia, eating alone being perfectly FINE, creative writing class, genres, Ted Hughes / Sylvia Plath, Jairus, Ryan, exes, Patrick L., Patrick Q. and clubbing / sushi dinners, drinking, being hit on at bars (Sean was like WTF when he heard someone bit her on the arm!), Scott loving the JELLO ATTACK at her last birthday party (it was FUN!), massage chairs at Aberdeen going for $1000 (affordable for her), splitting rent, treating people to Korean food, Aaron and her actually wanting to spend time apart while in the relationship (makes a lot of sense!), Aaron's mom maybe moving to Montreal, keeping in touch via Facebook (it's easier!), a paraplegic friend of Aaron's, the British Properties / Maple Ridge, her future plans, Dave, and Chinese Eric. Also discussed Megan, Shaina, Jeff being insane ("I'll have no objection to your hugging or kissing me!" "..."), perverted Chris moving to Argentina for good ("stop inboxing me on innocuous status updates - everything you've said is HARMLESS for everyone else to read!"), the HST, my bus pass still being lost, water / iced tea, piercings, Aberdeen not really being walking distance from here, and more. Later, we went to Claire's to look at the funky earrings they had before going to Coles - hamburgers, peace signs, and many other crazy things! Talked about piercing little kids' ears (crying in pain!), Coles, V.C. Andrews, Justin Bieber having TWO books, Lauren Conrad having a book, Hilary Duff and more celebrity authors, the newest Bathroom Reader and The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Mythology (Arthur Cotterell, Rachel Storm) [which I bought - yay for bargain books!], and more. After that, she had to get going: I totally understand Sunday bus schedules being annoying if you want to go anywhere!

Since I had some time before I had to get home (it was only 4:15 or so), I went to Sears in order to get a bra WITHOUT underwire (TMI - I know)... lucky thing they were on sale from $38.75! I actually liked the first one I tried on, which is a rarity! Also looked at the socks, but the JESSICA / TRADITION ones weren't thick enough for me, haha. Went to London Drugs where I did find two pairs of men's thermal socks for $7.99; I bought those along with twenty felts (I'll offload the yellow / peach / goldenrod ones on the Toddler Sunday School class), more Kinder Bueno, and Twix for comparison purposes.

Made it home at 5 (good thing I didn't buy any drinks - also good that it wasn't raining!), and noticed a call from a blocked number on my phone. Figuring it was Chinese Eric, I knew that I couldn't call him back (it shows up as a bunch of dashes on Caller ID) - I thought he'd call back since he called at 4:30. Just a few minutes later, I was proved right: I kinda thought something MIGHT come up, and it did. His Toronto cousin (who's in town only till tomorrow) wants them to get together for a big family dinner type of deal - totally understandable! Eric said he was "so sorry to cancel so late" a number of times, and I was like "It's okay!" (even though it's DISAPPOINTING!) Finally, I thought it would make him feel better if I yelled at him, so I called him a jerk and asked how DARE he cancel like that! Haha!

Since he wanted to confirm another hangout time, he had to wait for my Gmail to behave properly on the computer as I had to confirm the date of Jon's family birthday dinner. As I thought, it's next Monday - since I need the day of downtime, I said that anytime after next Tuesday would be fine. Next Wednesday evening it is, then! We talked about the blocked number being the new house's number, his bringing over three computers, another wedding gift for Jon and Harmony, the church's location, Jon NOT pastoring at another church, and more. A while later, it appeared that Lisa wanted me to add her to Facebook; I confirmed this with Steph via phone, who still wants her to slap my butt! I could hear Lisa in the background contributing various things to the conversation. Steph's not going to Jeremy's, but is going to Monday's dinner. Then Vanessa H. showed up on MSN to invite me to all-you-can-eat sushi... didn't she get my Facebook event reply?! NO! Haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home