Friday, November 12, 2010

No early-morning prayer meetings or changes for ME, thanks! Yay, poo calendar!

When Eric picked me up, I apologized for being slightly late - I had to find something warm to wear which was not purple! He put that down to "paranoia" and girls never figuring out their clothing... whatever! I knew that I'd have a limited time before I had to appear relatively normal, so I made sure to get my usual ranting out of the way. He thinks I scared off some guy by telling him not to talk to us while we were eating: that was not my intent! I think that I personally shouldn't be bothered when I'm clearly trying to eat dinner in the limited time I have available to me. Also discussed that email which Randal sent ("good advice" according to Eric), trusting people, the upcoming meeting, driving, facepalming, traffic, and more prior to picking up Geoffrey. After that, we were mostly quiet... boo!

When we got to the church, we saw Sonya in a car with an Alberta license plate; she said that it had come from Ontario, haha! Went to our usual room (I waved at Victor from the elevator when he was crossing the "bridge") to find people eating already, so I joined Wesley by the four trays of sushi. Talked to Harmony about the bad movie night (she might pass since she can't take any more bad movies - I might pass because I need downtime before a busy Sunday), the cinnamon, Jon being downstairs, their late birthday present of 2011 Daily Calendar: What's Your Poo Telling You? (Josh Richman, Anish Sheth), tomorrow's family lunch and my sleep schedule lately (I'm still not over the energy drink / coffee combo on Halloween!), her just dumping Jon's sushi in a leftover tray (PRESENTATION!), and more. Said hi to Deb, while Vivian thought that my red bling sweater (which she approves of) looked Christmassy; yes, I realize she likes Christmas, but that's not why I bought it! We also discussed our parents' trip to Italy; I have not seen pictures, but I do believe her when she says my mom bought a lot of stuff! Speaking of Christmas, Christon HAD to lead a song which sounded suspiciously Advent-like when he was practicing it! He says he'll lead it next time he does congregational worship; I hope his next turn is in December, but I think it's in a couple of weeks! IT'S FREAKING NOVEMBER 12, NOT DECEMBER YET!!!!! (although that does remind me to get Advent calendars when they're in stores for my family...)

The AGM went okay, but do people [Cindy, Randal, etc.] really have to change EVERYTHING?! I am NOT impressed! Harmony noted something funny on the minutes of the last meeting: "Dave (last name unknown) should be changed to Dave Wong." HAHAHA, I remember that! I saw Johnny at the back on his laptop, so made sure to say hi later on. Good thing it went pretty quickly, just as Dylan planned. Everyone gave Pastor John some scrapbooks later as part of his appreciation. Looking through them was great, haha. He wondered where people had gotten all these photos, especially since he's not even on Facebook! (Josiah apparently has two accounts, so he's not worried about his son!) Eric wondered whether the 2011 poo calendar would have the same material as the 2009 one; perhaps some of it would be similar, judging from the quick look I've had!

Alan asked if anyone wanted the leftovers from Samurai Sushi: I did, especially since I didn't get any last time at Melia's. Got Tracy to help me with the soy sauce / tray lids; of course I thanked her! Jon later said I had "scored," and Harmony figured I'd be enjoying that instead of joining them for lunch at Cambie Village - yup, I don't want to worry about sleep deprivation OR getting back home in time for Henry to pick me up! (especially considering what happened LAST time when we went to #9 Restaurant in October 2009!) I just said that I had to have something to eat before Awana, and Christon said that worked! Cindy had purposely skipped the sushi dinner since she'd had some just yesterday; I think I won't suggest sushi to Billie or Eric H. on Sunday then, either! (it makes sense... maybe a dinner of Greek food, with a view to more leftovers?)

While Jon was trying to get people out for a bubble tea or a beer (the soy sauce HAD made Connie thirsty, for one), Eric said we could finally leave. I asked Christon whether he wanted to borrow the projector, but he said that I should ask Jen if she was going to postpone movie night. Accordingly, I did; she wants to get more people out (like her BFF), and a bigger venue. Maybe she can ask Steph on Saturday! I noticed Randal processing what I was saying by nodding along to it - thanks, NOT! Jen also said that Dragon Ball was closed; yeah, it's the family holiday! I finally went to the elevator (prompted by Geoffrey looking for me), and we went to the parkade. The ride to Geoffrey's was mainly quiet (he DID say he'd be there on Sunday), then Eric and I discussed his "vision" (which he said was God's :P) of Raymond / Randal / Mr. Creep being in my small group, AND the leaders! NO THANKS!

I also said Randal had had a lot of input - better him than Mr. Creep, but still. We talked about trust issues / former love interests / not being allowed to talk to certain people / being sleepy from the sushi. Eric also said that we could watch movies at his place tomorrow if Richmond wasn't too far away; his parents don't get back till Sunday! That's somewhat better for me! When he dropped me off at 9:30 or so, he said that he might be attending the early-morning prayer meeting on Sunday... I don't DO 9 AM on Sundays gladly! He should have consulted ME before making that unilateral executive decision... those meetings should be at night! I also just got an Evite from Jon for his annual Birthday Dinner Extravaganza - nice! (his family dinner is on the 22nd or something... of course I'll wake up in time for that, if I have to go...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home