Sunday, November 21, 2010

No personal encounters with ice today in the cold weather! / Baby Micah!

When Eric picked me up today, he said that I would love to slip and slide on the ice, then asked if I'd had any personal encounters with it yet. No, thank goodness! I reminded him about the Slip and Slide game in the summer (with soap!), and he remembered about the road closure. He called me a bunch of stuff in French, said that I was drunk (so not true!), and said that he wasn't really aware of any lunch next week for Pastor John and his family. Well, he got his information from service after a sermon about injustice! I asked him to drop me off near the parkade - "walk behind my car, please" he said. We saw people salting the sidewalk in preparation for the forecast of snow... hey, you gotta do it! He broke out the DARKWING DUCK theme - I DON'T THINK SO! We noticed that the beer and wine store (plus the El Dorado) was totally destroyed now... he noticed a truck advertising a gospel tent meeting, haha.

When I got into service, I took my usual spot and then talked to Uncle Peter and Auntie Ying for a bit - the baby should make an appearance today, they said. Auntie Ying also said that her mom goes back to Toronto on January 6; maybe we can get together later because now she has to spend more time with her. Understood! I waved at Christon when he moved in to make room for Jon, Harmony (who waved at me), and Jeremy... also talked to Nathan for a bit, too. Afterwards, I gave Harmony ALL the Advent calendars; Jon thinks the weather is the lamest excuse ever, but it should work! I went into the fellowship hall, where there was no food - Connie had to break that news to her nephew Connor later on, heh. She's coming tonight, and figures she'll be "late" because these dinners never start on time. Jen figures the same thing, haha. I talked to Jeremy about using his ironing board as a table, which works better than the closet door! He's ready for the houseful of people, all right! Two days off sounds pretty good, too.

According to a friend, William grows taller every week - haha, maybe so! Hien asked how I was doing, so I told her about the laptop since she would have missed it during her hiatus. She said that Kenny logged into her account and broke it for her since he needed something... HAHAHA, why am I not surprised?! I said that my birthday was back in September, so she doesn't remember if she wished me a happy birthday or not since her hiatus started in October. Neither do I... then I saw Phil holding a sleeping baby, so went over there to say hi and meet Micah who's one month old. ("Eric: BABY ALERT! THERE'S A CROWD!") Baby Micah's hair is so cute, haha! Said hi to Dave and Yvonne as well, then saw Sonya poking another baby's nose - this one was a girl, and two months older. Not sure I approve of her name, but she's cute enough!

Went upstairs to Toddler Sunday School after getting a lunch ticket from Christon; saw Mattias on the way, who wanted to be near his grandma this morning. Ada (who likes pink), Ramen (who ate a late breakfast since he got up late and went to bed late), Shira, Arthur (who likes orange), and Ashley showed up today - Ramen gave me a hug, while Shira tugged on my sleeve a lot. I told Jessie (who lives close to the church) that it seemed as if her kids liked me - she says that Ramen gives the teachers at preschool a lot of hugs, and they ask for them since they're the best! Hahaha, I'd agree! Ada fell twice, once while standing up on the toy slide, and another time when trying to help us put the chairs away later. Rachel's grandma gave me and her some MILK PARTNER biscuits, hahaha! Ashley went around singing the Alphabet song with a toy - so cute!

While we were eating grapes, Eric came to collect me. I said bye to Jonathan and Ian on our way downstairs; Eric said that some people were going out for lunch, but he was going home. Of course I chose the "going home" option, and not just because I don't like spending time with certain people! I do need downtime between church and the dinner, and I have pre-existing plans with Chinese Eric! Turned out that he parked pretty near the church - YAY! We discussed hip-hop (he's ridiculous when he tries to impersonate a hip-hop artist!), new people, his calling me a frog and a snail in French, Alistair, Kieran's new car, Volkswagen Jetta 2010, the perfect cold weather for #4 / Alderbridge, exposure, people keeping friends on Facebook for the drama, Fidela, and more on the way home. When I got in, I noticed a good FB post from my sister, so called her about it and tomorrow. She was at work, so I'd talk to her later!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home