Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tim and structure, mailbox key, bathroom fan, RATS IN THE WALLS, H.P. Lovecraft

Tim sent us an interesting structure email; yay for good information! Hester and her husband came by to give me the key to my personalized mailbox... at least I didn't need to give them government ID to get it, like that notice from Canada Post said! While they were here, I let them know that I hear mice in the walls again (they're not outside as far as I know), and that the bathroom fan isn't working again JUST LIKE IT WAS IN THE SUMMER WHEN TEUNIS WAS HERE! Good thing they didn't come by last night, because I was hanging out with Eric and Erica! I'll have to get someone to help me put the mailbox key on my keychain tomorrow, otherwise I might lose it!

Sonya saw my status about mice in the walls and LIKED it (thanks...), while Steve L. gave me a link to The Rats in the Walls by H.P. Lovecraft, which I've never read. The story is interesting, although I don't know what to believe afterwards. Ancient familial curse of cannibalism, or real rats? Steve says it's a TAME effort, too... wah! This is what he says about less-tame efforts: "Pickman's Model, The Thing on the Doorstep, The Outsider, Herbert West: Re-animator, The Dunwich Horror. I could go on all day..." That site has the text of ALL the Lovecraft stories, apparently - woohoo! Never read one, for some reason... no excuse not to, now! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home