Saturday, November 20, 2010

Snow, rock gardens, park rangers, colorful batteries, cruises, and kids' books

I had a weird dream which involved going about in the trampled snow with Ada, her sons Ian and Sean (who loved throwing rocks from a huge rock garden pile at a pink wall with the other kids), and their grandma. My sister came up and wanted to show me something on TV at her place, so we all went there. Once she and I were alone, she modeled a tan park ranger's uniform for me, and said that she'd gained weight. We heard something go through the mailslot, so everyone investigated: the usual pile of mail, and several colorful batteries! (red and blue and yellow - they actually looked like small massagers!) Someone decided to order pizza after we all danced around like maniacs; one of the bugs from A BUG'S LIFE (which I've NEVER seen) showed up, and challenged my sister to eat just one tiny crumb of pizza from a corner piece without disturbing the rest of it. She could eat as much as she wanted later on, of course... so she tried this and failed, while the bug was able to do it. Not sure why I had this dream - there IS the kids' pizza party today (Eric wondered why I seemed so excited about it last night :P), plus the snow outside... other than that, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

Speaking of the snow and my sister, she called to see how I was doing because of the snow. I told her that I had rides from both Erics tomorrow to church / Jon's Sunday Dinner, and probably wouldn't be going to Monday's dinner because of the weather / snow on the ground. (my night vision is crap already...) She said that if I needed to call around for rides today because of Henry's dentist appointment, I should confirm the SIDE DOOR with whoever it is; I'm on it, since I won't have to walk so far! Good thing the church is covered AND has the parkade, although I know white Eric feels bad about actually taking up space in the parkade on Sundays, even if there is a side entrance! We also talked about my weird dream, Lisa / Jon / Harmony, and US Thanksgiving being confusing for us even if it IS a big thing down there! She also said to be careful with the laptop, since they CAN overheat - with this cold weather, I think that's less of a concern! Yes, I know they overheat because of USE and not the weather... and I've just heard that it might be -7 overnight with flurries tomorrow! Not surprised that homeless shelters are practically full lately! (but they do have "survival kits" for those who - for whatever reason - prefer to stay on the streets!) A while later, I got Ada to give me a ride; yay!



You Should Go on a Mediterranean Cruise



You're the type of person who likes to shake things up from time to time. You're always looking for a new kind of fun.

You'd like to put a twist on your typical vacation routine, without going too far off the map.



You are stylish, sophisticated, and worldly. You're ready to experience the sights and tastes of Mediterranean port cities.

A whirlwind vacation through Europe is exactly what you need to break out of your routine!


Trivia fact for Saturday, Nov. 20: What famous children's book begins with the line, " 'Where's Papa going with that ax?' said Fern to her mother as they were setting the table for breakfast"? Charlotte's Web, by E.B. White.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home