Saturday, November 20, 2010

PIZZA PARTY and bumps on the head courtesy of Victor

When Ada called me this afternoon, I was certainly ready to brave the snowy elements outside! I was at the entrance when she got here, and it wasn't terrible... though with more snow expected tonight or tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if this bad winter will be foreshadowed! Ian was busy talking to his guy friend Jackie about some show and asking questions about it; the two older boys (in the way of siblings and friends everywhere) ignored Sean when he tried joining in. Ada said that everyone was at the store buying things and changing their tires - not surprised! Ian forgot my name again, and then thought it was Natalie... I wish! He said that Andrew was scared of me - I've known that for months! Jackie was apparently scared of Jordan, and Ian said that John could be scared of Jordan - there's a definite size difference there! At least the road conditions weren't too bad... although we were surprised when we saw this big orange sign stating that Broadway / Rupert was closed for this weekend. I just called Eric about that, who was watching the game with his family - exchanged polite small talk with Veronica, who knew when Eric wanted the phone, haha. Yes, I know that's exactly where our church is... we had to go up Renfrew past the McDonalds to get to the parkade!

There were plenty of kids in the fellowship hall when we got there; Jackie said something about binoculars in his belt, and said that we were late. Only by four minutes, and that was because we had to detour around the road closure! I said hi to Chrystal and Golden; Golden agrees that he needs a friend like Chinese Eric, haha. Told Chrystal about the menu for tomorrow's dinner: cheesecake and chili and salsa! Yes, I do drink beer occasionally! The smell of the Superstore pizza from the kitchen was making us hungry; it made us want to order some when we got home! She doesn't see many people go out for pizza anymore; it's all delivery NOW, haha! Luckily, Sabrina planned it well so that the leaders could also have some, although she HATES estimating how much food you'd need to feed 150 people! (that's why she'll never be a chef - she likes cooking at home) Talked to Cynthia ("SO MANY CHILDREN!"), Margaret (sprained ankle?), a lot of the kids, and others. Auntie Rebecca gave us some shrimp candy from Beijing, too.

Rosenda says her mom is okay in the Philippines; good to hear! Daniel came in late from checking out winter tires at Costco, and then talking to a friend for half an hour; yup, sounds like Jon, all right! It's funny to see others get annoyed when they wait for you, like my mom did any number of times for my brother... not so amusing if YOU'RE waiting, though! He, Chrystal, and I talked about the cold weather; one of his work colleagues smokes, and totally quit smoking when they were in Winnipeg because it was WAY TOO COLD to go out for a cigarette! At least we're lucky here in Vancouver, even with the nasty winter predicted! Victor says he's going for pizza tonight, too - his aunt can't cook, heh. Saw little Ashley, who had obviously enjoyed some pizza! Pepperoni, supreme, deluxe, olives, cheese, and more... but no Hawaiian! Afterwards, Victor accidentally gave me a hard bump on the head while trying to get at a toy ball, and asked if I were okay - I said "Yes." in a curt manner, yikes! I'm fine NOW, of course - good thing he was concerned! On the way home, the older boys ignored Sean again in favor of questions about characters and happenings in DRAGON BALL Z (Goku? Starmaster?! Doctor?!) - this time, Ada said something. They paid attention to him long enough for him to ask a question, haha. Sean apparently thinks that Ian and Jackie are different; probably so! He told me that he had three pieces of pizza and two cups of pop - nice! I managed to have four or five!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home