Friday, November 19, 2010

Yes, you should have gone with me to get books! / NO SNOW ANGELS!

Eric picked me up, and started bugging me about the snow - he called it "my friend" and sang some wintery songs. Of course, we were listening to Team 1040... then I realized that there would be no more door fail with the white Sunfire, although (as I rediscovered in the parkade) they ARE wide! He said that there would be plenty of OTHER fail - oh, SHUT UP! Says that the Honda will be scrapped; yeah, that's what I figured even if he CAN get some money for it. We talked about bags, NOT stealing laptops, traffic, drivers, poop and sewers, Alain Vigneault and lozenges ("is that their gag for tonight?"), and more on the way to church.

When we got to the chapel, I saw Christon and Dylan - then I remembered about the care cards, which I went upstairs to get. Took the elevator back down before giving them to Christon, haha. Found out later that one of them was for Sheena, which I approve of. Uncle Stephen was already into his talk, trying to equate the Jacob / Joseph and 11 brothers story in Genesis to forgiveness and our current church issues. At least he does acknowledge it's a hard road, where the aggressor MUST take responsibility! (none of that's happened to ME...) There was some theological discussion later, but I agreed with Alan: we're only human, so cutting off contact might be the best thing we can do for our relationships and sanity!

Later, Dianne bugged Wes about signing the card for their small group since he probably couldn't pick Sheena out of a lineup! After I told Jen - by Randal - about the laptop and asked if she was coming on Sunday (she is!), I told him about my good week, because nothing spectacular had happened in HIS! He's so right that he needs a friend like Chinese Eric, hahaha! ("Wow! That's awesome!") Martin (who was going to take his car to his parents' place), Kevin, and others started talking about the projected snowfall; we didn't see any when looking out the window! We also talked about Jon, Harmony, surprises, SERVANTS, small group outing, service, Alan and Tracy not going home (but meeting Eddie and Eunice for bubble tea at e.tea on 22nd), chasing after people, and more. Dylan asked if I'd given the cards to Christon: he didn't remember about Christon's email till today, and it was sent on Tuesday! Meanwhile, Christon was talking to some new girl - BE CAREFUL!

Eric asked if I were ready to go - yup, because I only talked to people whom I knew to be good. In the parkade, he ate up more time by talking to Kevin about Committee things and Wesley - fine, I guess. On the way home, we talked about the certain snow in Richmond / his mom getting worried because his brother is coming up here in this weather for American Thanksgiving week (he should be home by midnight-ish if he left at 9) / our forgetting about US Thanksgiving / Chapters iRewards cards / Bathroom Readers / how he should have gone with me instead to get books / STARCRAFT / WORLD OF WARCRAFT / quests / Azaroth / whether Jon's thing was Saturday or Sunday / a mix of rain and snow as the perfect "favorite intersection" weather / making snow angels with Dave Wong (NO!) / snow shovels / control over the trunk. He also bugged me about the Advent calendars... that's my ONE concession to Advent! As for Holiday_Wishes, I still might do that - I just need one more item to round out the list. Eric also thinks that once you know someone, you always know them: he HAS heard "I used to know this person" before (of course), but thinks that should only be used if they're dead! HAHAHAHAHA, I don't know about THAT! We were talking about sociopaths and my not caring what other people think about my opinions of others... hey, I don't. It's ME! If you can't take it, LEAVE MY LIFE!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home