Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dil-Dil, whiteout for a good cause, lips, effects, no $50 gift cards, and tomatoes

Just before I left the apartment, I got an email from Randal saying that while he enjoys hanging out with her (best friends forever?!!!!), he doesn't feel like going to the bad movie night on Saturday for some reason... sweet! On the way over to the long meeting, Eric said we were holding it at Dylan and Deb's place since the church office was closed. ("Call Dil-Dil for me!" "YOU call Dil-Dil... we haven't left yet!") We talked about "Daniel," going to Uncle Daniel's later to put a card in the laptop (fine), focusing on certain people at lunch, his printout (which I used whiteout on when I got home), controversy, random stuff, and more. When we got to Dylan's after trying to find some parking, I used up their Beatrice orange juice while he prayed that our lips would be blessed so we wouldn't tear people down - DARN IT, haha! Talked about holiday planning, another "fun" curling program (SKIP), a passage-sharing night (hmm), Pastor John's news and its effect on us as a fellowship, SERVANTS, surprises, Harmony, Jon, Christon, Phil, Randal (did we have to bring up his name 100 times?!), Uncle Peter being the only one who accepted the $50 gift card (Wai-Mui returned it; Uncle Hansel just donated $50 to our group), strict Pastor Fulton (Vernon's dad) / Uncle Stephen / stern and strict Uncle Hansel (Robert's Rules!) / Uncle Patrick T. as counsellors or speakers, Samurai Sushi rolls tomorrow, and other things.

After the long meeting, we talked to Deb about Jen's soup with too much tomato (cream will curdle, says Kevin - bay leaves to neutralize the sour taste?) / green tea / ride arrangements. The cooking discussion reminded me of the cinnamon and sugar that I still have; maybe Jon and Harmony could use a quantity of each, haha. Eric and I headed to Uncle Daniel's place; the elevator in that apartment building is definitely more archaic than the one in mine! I spent the time talking to Auntie Christina in the kitchen; they apologized for not having anything sweet to drink in the house, but I already knew that from a story Jon had to tell years ago about that! I did accept a mug of water, though. Discussed Jon, Steph, Harmony and her parents ("she's so slim that she can eat chocolates and gelato a lot!"), work, my parents, Italy, SERVANTS, Vivian's parents, reading at the library, Megan, Eric's jersey, quasi-retirement, Wayland, Wayland's wife being named Shira, her grandchildren Joshua and Camille, U.S. geography being confusing (Wayland's in-laws live in Ohio and not right in St. Louis!), Facebook, the liquor store, and other things. It was nice to see them, although Auntie Christina thinks I've lost weight... I don't know about that!

On the way home, Eric warned me that I might not be affirmed if I didn't attend the AGM tomorrow; I wasn't planning to skip that, thanks! We discussed dogs peeing on the carpet, Chilliwack laundry and dogs, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, the possibility of Raymond wearing purple tomorrow, the "Eric H. is your favorite Ho!" joke from years ago, slamming his car door properly, Harmony and Holly still technically being Hos, the font size on his directory list, the Koodo frog, and more. When I got home, I read that the Canucks beat the Senators 6-2, and got an email from Christon saying that he'd look into the projector tomorrow. If it's at Jeremy's, I might go... of course, I will hang out a lot the next day, so I'm not sure yet. We'll see!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home