Wednesday, November 10, 2010

CHINESE ERIC IS BACK IN TOWN... YAY!

Oh my goodness! I just found out that Eric Ho is back in town! I got four calls from a blocked number this afternoon and tonight; since I generally never answer those, I ignored them. Someone called me a couple of hours ago, but I didn't hear the phone because it was off. (although now it's on...) Luckily, the Caller ID showed "Erica L. Ho" (which I know is his sister's name) So I called the number back just now. After a bit of initial confusion ("Did you call this number a while ago?"), it got sorted out when she asked whether I knew her brother Eric. Now I'm talking to him on the phone, and he says he'll be permanently here - WHAT A GOOD SURPRISE! Apparently, he tried sending me an MSN message a couple weeks ago from Hong Kong, but it didn't work... I have no recollection of such a thing, so he figured it didn't actually send! Says he broke up with Gena (his mom figured she wasn't a good fit for him), and wanted to know whether I'd hooked up with any guys recently. HAHAHAHA! I also don't think that I have any dating candidates for him, unfortunately! I said that I thought he was coming back in May or June, but he says that the Hong Kong job got way too stressful; understood! He HAS been there for three years!

Says he got me the new computer for my birthday (even though he knows it's past), and can throw in some sort of converter hardware cable (which normally costs $5) for free. He said that the SONY VAIO computer (which may be a couple of years old?) was of course free for me (I actually knew that a while ago), and it's Windows 7, which he says is a stop-gap for Vista or something. "I know your computer is kind of slow, and this will make it better with 160 GB where you can do whatever you want!" I do know that Vista isn't user-friendly, according to some reviews I've read anyway. Eric says Windows 7 is much like XP, and pretty user-friendly... well, good! :P [I still wish Corey was online from Taiwan so I could figure this stuff out :P] Maybe Semagic will work correctly instead of stalling when I want to do things on there! Of course I thanked him for it, with more to come on Sunday, I'm sure! I think he said that he got it while he was in town for the Kings playoff hockey game (which white Eric told us about after the fact since he saw him there) - of course his boss wanted him to come back right away for an emergency!

Updated him briefly on my life and apartment (even though there's not much TO tell), Jon and his work with SERVANTS, Harmony, Jeremy, Steph, white Eric, Nathan MAYBE coming back from the UK for Christmas (I shot him a quick wall post while talking to Eric), Pastor John resigning, and more. He wants us all to hang out at his place on South Granville (the family's moved!) on December 18 (a Saturday), where we can watch hockey on his big-screen TV in the basement. Of course I'll let Jon and white Eric know! Then he wondered whether I'd be bored watching hockey with the guys... definitely not, since he knows I've done it before! He might not remember (and apologized for it!), but that evening does NOT sound boring! Then I told him about Jon's annual birthday extravaganza, but he doesn't know where Jeremy's is! He offered to give me a ride (his place is closer now!), and maybe even go to church that day! "It's still the same, right?" "Yeah, it's the church you went to for Jon and Harmony's wedding!" Of course, he gave me his new cell number... we talked for almost twenty minutes, even if he didn't want to take up too much of my time! NO SUCH THING HERE, even if I do appreciate the consideration! Eric still has some stuff to do (as always!), but wants to get together for dinner on Sunday evening... that works for me, even though I'll have lots of blogging to do from church and hanging out with Billie. This is definitely more important... I've missed these hangouts maybe more than I know or care to admit! :P

I also got an email from Dylan, saying "we will continue to meet at 3 PM tomorrow." HAHAHAHA! Why not say "we will STILL meet at 3 PM tomorrow" for clarity? "We will continue to meet" sounds like the Committee Meeting is an ongoing thing, man! I realize this is a grammar nitpick, but I'm famous for 'em! ;)

I'm also listening to Thin Lizzy's The Boys Are Back In Town... what a quirky coincidence!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home