Tuesday, October 19, 2010

White Spot, NCIX, Wayne x2, London Drugs, Pyrex, Caribbean store, Bon Ton

When I got out, Vanessa was waiting for me; I had to wait for my posts to actually submit! Talked about Mr. Creep working in Victoria hospitals ("oh... thanks..."), Newfoundland food, salted cod not being too appetizing, blackberry wine, Krista being up north, Kyle leaving the condo in a mess when HE went up north a week ago, sushi, bus tickets vs. a monthly pass, full-time for six weeks / part-time after that, her dad being a foreman for a water pipe crew (the joke is that he's the only one who does any work), fridges and cake, breakfast at White Spot, Teunis / Robin / Rhiannon / mold / Surrey, NCIX being really popular on Boxing Day, Volkswagen Jettas, her sailor boyfriend Wayne, Krista's ex Wayne, and how I met my ex in the first place. Also discussed Eric M. not being Erik, the Fantasy Factory, transit to her job (she's not wasting money by parking the car at her aunt's!), Thanksgiving turkey, TV shows, Halloween parties, my sister, my parents being in Italy, mushrooms / bacon / hash browns / cheese / toast, mice, Andrea, and the annoying construction / traffic / stupid drivers. We went to the Ironwood London Drugs, where she got two travel mugs and toothpaste; I got a smaller Pyrex bowl (perfect for oatmeal and such!) and an on-sale water bottle since it was only $4 before tax.

After battling traffic and construction, we managed to make it to New Westminster's Caribbean store (remarking on an ex's house and a tattoo shop on the way) - she got three packets of spicy Caribbean rice and Purity biscuits, while I got two packets of the spicy rice plus two business cards... one's for Dave if I ever see him again! She ran out to the car since we were risking it by "saving money" on parking, even if we WERE only in there for a couple of minutes! From there, we went to the Bon Ton bakery in Kits, which her dad grew up with. A seven-inch Diplomat cake IS expensive, but she says it's worth the money! (she also got assorted pastries, while I didn't get anything since I'm kinda watching my spending) Discussed Justin Bieber and the Richmond Planet Lazer incident, how New Westminster used to be the capital of BC, ambulances plunging into water, taking out lychee / vanilla slush bubble tea from Tapioca Express, walking to work on this nice day, murder cases in which the accused sent a letter of condolence to the victim's family, and more. Good times!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home