Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Eaves and dots / Boobs and OBLIVION / Fog collectors / No Mandy!

High-scoring words of the night:

DOTS (104 points) - against Lisa S. [4W, 5W, hook off SUE for a plural]
EAVE (120 points) - against Josephine S. [3W, 5W]


We discussed more Terry Pratchett quotes on swords, balloon fetishes, Paris Hilton being banned from Japan, his weakness for jellybeans, personal drama, same names, old friends / roommates, games, boob poems, pretending to be crude, funny silliness, "cheerful" demon worshipper characters in OBLIVION, and more. Dylan and Tim sent a reminder of the appreciation dinner on Oct. 10 - I'd forgotten that was coming up, haha. Mandy (a_phoenixdragon) unfriended me tonight after five years of knowing each other; she did let me know it was coming, and I know she still cares about her friends. I think she wants to free up some more time for things since she's overwhelmed, and I think we're both sad. Time to edit my own entries! Still, no more guaranteed comments and love on my stuff... :(


Trivia fact for Wednesday, Sept. 22: What are fog collectors? They're fine mesh nets resembling volleyball nets that are used to harvest fresh water in arid coastal areas. Set up perpendicular to the direction of the prevailing wind, the nets collect tiny drops of water from fog. The water runs down the nets, and is channeled to storage tanks.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home