Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tufoli, storytelling, scone recipes, lard, stereotypes in maps, and jukendo

High-scoring words of the night:

TUFOLI (330 points) - against Laura H. [5W, 2W, 3W]
WAGE (151 points) - against Annette S. [two 4W, hook off BI to make BIG]
QUOD (240 points) - against Samantha P.-D. [two 4W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
HAZED (194 points) - against Betty W. [two 3W, hook off AIS to make DAIS] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
HAY (151 points) - against Anne M. [4W, 5L on H used twice, hook off AS to make ASH]


Teunis got home and related a discovery he'd made about telling stories and memory, then discussed happy stories and research in philosophy... also talked about loans and the past. He wanted to make scones (but he'd had them a lot at Robin's!), so we talked about altering recipes for (Mitchell) family sensitivities / the Mitchells largely ignoring their allergies / (coconut) milk / sugar / butter / eggs / lard / baking powder / white or whole-wheat flour. Apparently, he's really impressed that we do food safety tests on the meat we cook at Sunday Dinners - what can I say, but that Kevin's influenced us, AND we don't want to get food poisoning! (he also said that some food inspectors poured bleach on grandmothers' sandwiches, and destroyed a 150-year-old pease porridge pot)

Discussed cute / funny / philosophical quotes, pickles, kimchi, the apartment still being a bit too warm for him (though not as bad as in July!), stalkers, patents expiring, bedframes, Alicia and her soon-to-be mother-in-law, OBLIVION / assassins / heroes / paladins / vampires / thieves, storage, OpenSource stuff, space at Rhiannon's (moving furniture anytime this week), and more. He says he can even move immediately, but I didn't say that, nor was I even THINKING that! Says he's glad about it, haha. Also discussed this really bad stereotypical map page... Europe according to various countries AND gay men! Reminds me of the map Henrik sent me once, haha!



Phillip also came online and wanted to know whether I could see his FB notes. After a bit of confusion was sorted out, I said I could indeed see the Buddha heads. He thanked me, said I was a good friend, and he owed me one. "The next note I write will be to you only - how's that?" HAHAHAHAHA! Apparently, my "Testing works!" comment was EXTREMELY hilarious, and caused him to laugh a LOT! "Your comment sounds like a radio, haha! Thanks for the best medicine I've had this month! Something about the way you wrote that was funny!"


Trivia fact for Tuesday, Sept. 21: When it comes to Japanese martial arts, what is jukendo? Fighting with bayonets.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home