Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I definitely meant it when I said you could stay as long as you NEEDED to!

High-scoring word of the night:

STAGED (238 points) - against Erica C. [two 5W, hook off SIGMOID for a plural] {a good deficit-erasing word!}


Teunis came back with six eggs and thirty bottles of water - he said there'd been a price dispute, but the bulk price was better than the regular price. I didn't even really KNOW that you could get thirty bottles of water at a time from Save-On! Mainly because I've NEVER tested it out - way too heavy for me, and I strongly suspect Judy / Susan / Jodi / Mike / Roman / Dave / Barry would have KILLED me if I made them carry such an item from the car! I managed to fit them ALL into the fridge, despite his saying it couldn't be done because of the masses of stuff already in there. Trust me, I knew it could be done! Did some cleanup today, too - mainly throwing things away.

Turns out Teunis isn't going camping since Andrew and Jordan can't fit him into the vehicle; less stress / panic for him, and he has more time to use up the eggs / sausages / flour / other stuff. He's going to see DESPICABLE ME / INCEPTION / IRON MAN 2 at the drive-in at Aldergrove in a triple-feature... let's just say I will NOT be waiting up for him after Fellowship if it ends at 3 AM and it's an hour's drive away! (and he has to drop Kaili off at Surrey, too) We bantered about "parking" at drive-ins, haha.

Also discussed Robin's housesitting offer; that's one of the first things I remember about Dave (he was housesitting for someone when we all met him), actually. Talked about farm milk being richer than storebought milk, stirring fat back into the milk (almost the consistency of cream?!), butter, cream, tricks for tuning the guitar, speakers, and other things.

Later, Teunis said that it looks like he is housesitting for Robin's family in about mid-August, so will have to think about what to do at the beginning of the month. I understand that he doesn't want to overstay his welcome (and thinks it might be stretched thin NOW), but I assured him truthfully that it wasn't a problem! He thanked me for that, and said that he could make pies again if I happened upon any fruit - lemon juice can substitute for lemons, which is fine. Trust me, the only way he'd quickly overstay his welcome is if he were like my ex, and stayed home all day (EVERY DAY) to bug me about crap! We give each other space to do stuff, and that is fine! I'd say that I'm not just saying it to be polite, but things seemed to go downhill the LAST time I said that to someone... although of course, I really do mean it. :D


Trivia fact for Wednesday, July 28: What was pro football defensive end Michael Strahan referring to when he described the New York Giants Super Bowl XLII championship ring as a "ten-table ring"? It was so big that it could be seen ten tables away in a restaurant.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home