Sunday, July 25, 2010

The alcohol is still doing a number on my blood vessels...

Eric called at 9:20, and we were soon on our way. We spent the ride discussing my "excessive" alcohol consumption last night (with two naps, even!), NOT drinking alone, illustrative death threats, a record of 21 on Good Friday 2006, and his playing games last night. Then we talked about my denying certain "entities" their person-hood... well, I did explain to him what went on with Dave! He says that it makes sense for one person because he actually DID stuff to me, but not Dave. "I'm sorry, Eric - but he's a man!" "Hey, *I* am a man!" I know, but I'm not talking about YOU, am I?! I said "don't be hating," which made him wonder why I was talking like Dave Wong or Korey - how should I know?! Then I said that Teunis and Kaili had stopped by - no tomatoes (deadly allergy) or anything beyond bread / cheese / chicken for THEM! ("They went to the Night Market - maybe she doesn't like stinky tofu!" "Apparently, they had tacos for lunch - when he got home after dropping her off, he had ice cream and alcohol (whiskey?) as a dinner!") Told him that Teunis wasn't going to church today - from there, we discussed weird people / Oakridge / Anthony / Jasmine. I was most emphatically against Mr. Creep, especially after what he said on Friday about wanting a handful of him... EW!

Got to church, and said hi to Dylan and Deb. Dylan definitely remembers the time we all went to the fireworks a few years ago, Vivian deciding to bus, getting stuck at the Skytrain station for two hours, and witnessing someone get arrested right in front of us! It's too crowded for us, especially if it takes us two days to recover! When I got into the sanctuary, Lesley said that my mom was looking for me, and that she was in the office. (Harmony said the same thing later) She was NOT in the office, but I did see a bag with my name on it at the front desk! It contained expired hot sauce (which I threw away since the date was Sept. 27, 2009 - CHEMICALS!) / a rat or mouse trap / a package of instant fried rice seasoning mix / the 1GB SD card for the digicam.

By the time I got the bag, I wasn't allowed in anymore since the congregation was praying. Talked to Lily about a ride to Jason and Karen's wedding / banquet - she has to help with the wedding, but I can certainly remind her closer to the date! We admired Hannah's hot pink nail polish, laughed at Gavin's hair, joked that Angus and Dianne needed proof that they'd given me a bulletin earlier, and more. When I got back into the sanctuary, I felt I should have taken aspirin - too late, but I remedied that a few hours later. Spent time just writing down tag prompts, and being very amused when Pastor John brought up killing people. Eric was right beside me, and he wasn't too impressed!

I saw Uncle Hansel while exiting the sanctuary after service, but I didn't dare ask him if he knows anyone named HARRY VAGG, haha. Saw Deb afterwards, and told her about the sermon material when she asked since she'd been upstairs with the little kids: you may think some people don't deserve to be Christians, but maybe you can pray for them and yourself. Difficult concept! Said hey to Adam, Hien, and others before I took my stuff upstairs. Saw Frances, baby Isaac, Micah, David, Rosenda, Ian, Gabriel, John, Olivia, and a bunch of other people upstairs. I was on my way back downstairs when I saw Eric, much to my surprise! (he never ventures upstairs on Sundays, that I know of) Asked "what brings YOU up here?!" to get the response of "Do you have an extra $20 so I can pay Cindy for the grad banquet ticket?" Sure, and why do you think I was stuffing a $20 bill in my pocket at service?! Hahaha! I admired Cindy's pen, but it was really Auntie Bessy's - at least I have a ride to and from the event, even if Eric volunteered to clean up!

Got back downstairs and participated in spoiling Mattias with blueberries; his mom Karen says that he kinda has an idea that there's a new baby coming. Abby wondered whether there was a baby in Karen's stomach, haha. Her brother Nathaniel amused himself by running around his dad Joe - Abby and Megan joined in the fun. I asked Joe about his summer plans - camping in Oregon next week sounds lovely! Harmony said that she and Jon had gotten home rather quickly from the fireworks yesterday, as they'd just RUN for the Skytrain station as soon as they were over. Yes, they do need to do a purge of stuff at their new place for sure! Jeremy said he'd gotten home at 10:48 - being on a bike would probably help, yeah! Says they missed me yesterday, but I told him that I decided not to bother with the crowds! (and I'd slow them right down, but didn't mention THAT) Dylan said to remind him about the announcements this week and next week - sure thing! We're getting OLD, and can't remember ANYTHING!

Amanda, Esther, Jesse, Conor, David, Evelyn, Benjamin, Amos, Ada, and Ashley were in Toddler Sunday School. The boys told me that Amos had a girlfriend named Samantha, so I asked whether they had girlfriends - "EWWWW!" with hands over their mouths was the reaction I got, haha. Conor said that Benjamin was his real friend from Nootka school - nice! Admired the kids' drawings of mountains, letters, flowers, people, and more. They seemed to listen to my story, which is fine by me! Eric was on his way to look for me, saying that everyone else had gone already - Christon, Dianne, and others went to e.tea, for example. Mom had to buttonhole me downstairs - I wanted to ask for Eric's protection on the way down to the parkade and up again, haha. As it was, he had to carry the huge garbage bag of clothing to the car and inside my place!

On the way home, Eric reminded me that alcohol dilates blood vessels - TRUST ME, I KNOW! I complained of feeling cold most of the way home, and he said that my new name should be Drunky McDrunkerson - I DON'T THINK SO! Yes, I know it was warm / boiling outside, but that didn't help me! (talked about Moist / ALF / Amsterdam on bus stop signs) Not even a nap or this hot water when I got up seemed to improve me any! Teunis got home after I got up, and said that he'd had a good time with Jasmine at Oakridge / the Bay / Queen Elizabeth Park. Says his mom adored her biplane trip, too - nice. Also discussed tea and laundry! I told Eric that I'd check the proof on the egg liqueur when I got home - 17.2% definitely explains my prolonged reaction to it!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home