Sunday, June 06, 2010

Yes! Another unscheduled day off from the kids!

Eric picked me up, and since he'd said "OMW" to mean "On my way" when he called to alert me to this, I said "ROFLPIMP" and told him that it meant "Rolling on the floor laughing, peeing my pants." Of course, I said that it wasn't literally what I was doing! I said that Tracy, Denise, Dianne, Alan, and others had gone to a Denny's or somewhere to have a lot of nuggets and such at 2 AM. Eric said maybe they'd needed to sober Alan up, and wondered where I'd read this... on Facebook in the morning, of course! "You logged into Facebook to check it?!" "I'm almost always logged in, so it's easy - just click the open tab, and scroll to see what's new! I woke up, took a shower, and checked stuff while eating oatmeal."

We saw some stupid drivers, and then he wondered if I had Sunday School (probably) - he was going to De Dutch Pannekoek House with his parents later, so he'd leave right away. I figured that I could do with another unscheduled day off (no guilt this time), so just hoped that Auntie Ying didn't see me! Of course, it depended on whether certain people were around - he said that I was thinking of a particular person, but I actually had Jeremy in mind! Then I spent some time talking about spill risk down steep stairs with no railing, but then I have issues with those. :P When we got to church, I told him to wait for me - we ended up talking to Cindy about last night. She couldn't get home till after 1 AM because people were busy dancing after she cleaned up - and the flowers that Dianne brought home didn't help her, either!

Luckily, we avoided sitting in close proximity to Mr. Creep, but what I didn't realize till Communion was that we were in front of Raymond! Oh sure, like I'm going to pass the peace with THAT one! (especially after what he heard last night at the table...) Exchanged waves with Jordan when he turned around - I miss those kids, haha. I know he won't admit it, but he might miss me too. No, I'm not crazy. I was fighting to stay reasonably awake during the sermon, and reading the Sunday School material wasn't useful in these efforts! Afterwards, I asked Jeremy whether he was up for lunch later - as soon as I heard that he might just go home and nap (good day for it!), I told Eric that I'd leave with him. Saves the hassle, and I don't feel guilty this time!

Went to the fellowship hall - when I saw Dave He, I simply HAD to say hi! There were a bunch of cupcakes from last night, which reminded me that Dave and I had seen CUPCAKES at Park Royal Village. Eric can't have sugar, so he had the chips instead. Saw David Ho, a bunch of the kids, Nina, Andrew, Wesley, Karen, Lincoln, Jon (who says Burgoo is easy to get to - I'll see), Denise, Steph, Christon, Harmony, and others. Talked about Jeremy's pulse being 180 last night, our plans for the day, and other things. I told Rich that we needed seven more copies of the preschool material, and he said that I could ask Maxine afterwards for extras since they had the same thing - my class has seemingly exploded in size, man! I'll certainly keep that in mind, for sure. Saw Harrison with his parents, so gave him a high five. After a while, Eric and I left after he called his parents. Saw Uncle Peter on the way out - I bet he'll tell his wife that I'd gone, oh well. Eric said that the Richmond location of De Dutch is on Leslie Road - I *knew* I'd seen it on Friday near Felico's!

He reminded me that Friday's program is the International Justice Mission talk, so maybe Dave will come out to that - I don't know, but possibly not. Eric said that he didn't care if Darkwing came out, although it would be nice to see him on a regular basis. I said that I could look up free festivals and such - summer is coming up, for sure! I'll probably call him mid-week, since he's said he doesn't mind... maybe I'll ask him to hang out again next week. Gotta leave him time to do his thing too, of course. (and say that I'm not a girly girl, but maybe not total TOMBOY... haha...)

Eric spoke in French to me, spoke softly, said that I was a tomato chicken with wings to fly home from #4 / Alderbridge, and wondered why Zynga was promoting itself on 7-11 Slurpee cups... I don't know, since I don't play Farmville / Mafia Wars / YoVille / their other Facebook games. He thanked me for contributing to the parking expense last night - not a problem. Says he isn't going to the carnival next week... I can possibly get Henry to drive me home right after the awards ceremony. He said that he had saved a game last night since he wanted to go to bed, but the enemy is hard to kill... yikes!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home