Sunday, May 23, 2010

No Sunday School for me! I'll go early to save myself a headache!

Eric picked me up a little earlier than I thought he might, but at least we'd have an outside chance of not missing half the sermon! Discussed DARKWING, his deplorable behavior in singing the theme song, PINKY AND THE BRAIN, the LOST series finale tonight which he'd be missing due to the service project at UGM (he'll get his parents to tape it), French, stupid traffic, and whether I'd figured out a ride home from church since there was no Sunday School again. Well, if you'd told me before, I might have! As it was, I decided just to go home after service with him - Auntie Ying was probably not too impressed, and said she needed more notice... but at least I had the worksheets for her! Got to service a little late (I swear I saw someone waving at me from across the street as I waited at the light to cross), but it was fine. There is a new Sunday School class next week on Dietrich Bonhoeffer - sounds interesting, and it's too bad I can't do that. Said hi to Vicky and Denise (whose sister Julie is back for the summer), and waved to little Mattias who provided a distraction to me during most of the sermon. After service, I gave Steph her mail plus a wedding card for Vivian and Gabriel - she complained to Christon that U of T wanted more money from her! Then I gave Jon his mail right afterwards, but said that I had money for him instead - I had money on the brain, given that Steph says she'll give me the money tomorrow!

Went to the fellowship hall, looking around for Auntie Ying to no avail. Talked and waved to Hien, Andrew, Harrison, his mom, Chrystal, Danielle, Auntie Catherine, Dominic, Samantha, Emily Lam, Jeff, Allison, Grace, Keenan, and others: Metrotown, free time, wanting people home, drums, what we'd done yesterday, Anita and the new baby, cookies, instant rice, being careful, high-fives, not seeing Amos yet, RSVP for a dinner on the same day as Megan's baby shower, New York brotherly graduations, and more. Finally, I went upstairs to see if Auntie Ying was there - she was, and I got her to come downstairs. After giving her the worksheets (if I can prepare in a few minutes, so can YOU!), Eric asked if I were ready - yup! We talked to Allison for a while, and she waved to Mike after seeming interested in Vanessa's umbrella. I got Steph to sign Jon and Hamony's anniversary card while she attempted to guilt-trip me into attending tomorrow's lunch... nope, you KNOW how I feel about that! Harmony was just a couple feet away from us, but she was distracted talking to Jen and others.

On the way out, I waved to Adam at the bus stop - then asked Eric whether he'd HAD to say something to Mr. Creep. He thought I was referring to his playing the DARKWING DUCK song on the piano, which I dismissed as deplorable behavior, haha. We walked back to the car more slowly than usual because of Daryl, his son Darren, Mike, Kathy, their son Christopher, and some other kid right ahead of us. Talked about moving forward, not talking to certain people, FINAL FANTASY, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, characters, STAR WARS misquotes ("Luke - I am your father" / "No, I am your father"), trivia / trick questions, non-commitment, French, looking stupid, massages vs. messages, (wanting) pickles, these estates at #4 / Alderbridge, whether tomorrow's dinner is a potluck, 6:15 tomorrow at the usual place, and more. I'm not going to get Eric to send a certain person a message on Facebook... knowing him, he'll say that I want him there! That could get awkward, so NO! The Frog Hollow talk is the last I recall seeing him at church - the evening he tried telling me that he was a church regular, haha. I'll give him a break for sure, though!

Got home to find out that Chrissy had deleted her FB account again, which is fine. Then I checked Steph's event: it IS a potluck dinner! I called Eric to tell him that, and got his mom on the phone. At least it was a quick call, since it sounded like he was busy with something, judging from her asking him if he wanted to call me back later! Now I have to go out and get something for this potluck dinner, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home