Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I said more words to Randal than I did to my own parents tonight...

I got to Cambie / Jacombs early, but that was okay since I had my Russia novel with me. Eric came by a little later, and he wondered whether DARKWING had been on Facebook today or yesterday. So random! Then Eric wondered whether I ever talked to him on Facebook chat - nope, I seldom use it for ANYONE! After we talked about the LOST series finale (which he hasn't watched yet), IRON MAN 2 (which he saw yesterday after the UGM service project) and Tony Stark being narcissistic, he wondered what sort of desserts people were bringing; upon hearing that Randal and I seemed to cover dessert with Timbits and butter cookies, we went to Killarney Supermarket to get strawberries as a healthy option before going to Steph's.

Christon and Steph were cooking in the kitchen, and Christon told us about being a tourist in his own town today... North Vancouver, the Capilano Suspension Bridge, and the Grouse Grind would certainly qualify! Albert, Wesley, and Randal were there too. Isabel, my parents and Grandma, Jon and Harmony, and Vanessa all showed up later. I ignored my mom when she invaded my personal space to set down an ice pop wrapper by me - there was NO NEED to do that, even if there wasn't too much room on the table. Seriously - take it into the kitchen to put in the garbage can! I deliberately referred to Steph's smoldering oven mitt as a glove so I could correct myself while explaining to Randal what Steph's neighbor wanted at the door. (the tip of her oven mitt burned while she was trying to get something from the hot oven, so she left it outside the door to cool - we didn't know that it would smolder into ash while we ate and watched TV!) Some people played foosball, too. Steph said that Mom's bag of random stuff was in either of the bedrooms, so I grabbed it.

We watched some sports news - the Montreal Canadiens are now out of the playoffs, so it's Philadelphia and Chicago for the Stanley Cup. Then Mom wanted to try catching up on the last two weeks of the show in half an hour, which of course didn't work. We all laughed at her attempts to fast-forward through the commercial breaks, which resulted in her fast-forwarding through the entire episode instead! Then some of us tried explaining the general plot to others who hadn't watched it. I stayed at the dinner table with the casual / rookie viewers. Randal brought 20 chocolate Timbits, Isabel brought dessert from Terra Breads, Albert brought some Reese's Pieces ice cream, while Steph and Vanessa had a surprise birthday cake ready for Wesley - his 25th birthday is on Wednesday! Way too much dessert, even with the lettuce / tomatoes / steak / green salsa for the tacos, the pizza, Jon's snobby beer and spinach artichoke cheesy dip, plus the organic crackers and butter cookies! Nobody touched the butter cookies, but I can't return them since they spilled in my reusable bag... eh, I'll donate them to Sunday School snacks next week.

The JACK BAUER series finale was pretty good - I'm not sure what Grandma thought of it. However, she had no choice but to stay with us. Albert told us that after two to five minutes in a sleeper hold, you risk brain damage - interesting stuff. After the show was over (with a "4, 3, 2, 1, 0" countdown clock at the end), my parents and Grandma left - I could feel the air get lighter, haha. Jen was going to come, but Christon figured she wouldn't - and of course, Randal said he'd offered to give her a ride. Oh well. We watched one episode of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT that someone had brought along - even though I'd seen it before, it was still funny! Steph said that she didn't even have to be here for us to have a marathon night! Some people were so tense after the show that they needed to play intense foosball later for a debrief, haha. On the way home, Eric and I were mostly quiet except when he tried impersonating the lich king... I don't THINK so, buddy! He also thought that I could live in the Alderbridge Estates - I don't think I can afford it! Got home to catch up, blog, and wind down. Found out that Alex and Chrissy re-friended me on Facebook, so that's a good thing.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home