Monday, May 24, 2010

Chen's, density, and air conditioning in prisons

Steph picked me up two minutes after that last post, and said that Mom had given her a bag of random stuff for me, but Eric and I had left early. Yup, there had been no Sunday School... the next class sounds interesting to Steph, as well. Guess I'll have to borrow that book from the church library. At any rate, I'll get the bag of random stuff tonight when Eric and I come over. I just gave the tin of butter cookies to her then, so I won't have to bring it tonight! When we got to Chen's, Jon and Harmony weren't there yet - but Steph thought Mom would be used to their being late! Auntie Christine said that she didn't know I had a red jacket that matched my red hat - well, now you do. When they did get there, the food was just coming - SLB, Shanghai noodles, buns, wonton, soups, hot and sour soup, surfboard noodles, eel, and more. Yes, Mom over-ordered... Nathan would like it, hehe. (he comes back in a month till September)

Talked about Shanghai, pollution, "density" (NOT ME!), defenestration, Steph's deplorable behavior of holding hands around the table, Grandma being happy, Grandma hijacking Eric (last Sunday was LONG for him!), Edwin's wedding yesterday, 13 shots, Shanghai people being rude, Steph's trip to Phoenix, Alan buying Jon drinks, Jon and Harmony's upcoming Europe trip in August, Grandma seeing Uncle Joe (Harmony's dad) at the public market (but not remembering his last name), Grace being really quick to put up pictures on FB, my parents' trip, being healthy, and more. I tried to NOT look at my parents, but Mom tried engaging me in conversation about mousetraps - Dad mentioned I was quiet. Well, DUH!

Later, Steph asked if I minded going along with her to buy stuff for tonight's tacos - nope. Great One Supermarket was right there, after all. Jon and Harmony went with us to do their own grocery shopping. Saw "Let's Be Mild" coffee, durian, pomegranate juice, cheap oranges, cheap spinach, kiwis, a bag of peppers for $1, and much more. One of the workers there took exception to Steph utilizing her re-usable grocery bag for its intended purpose, and insisted she take a basket. Well, okay then! She's making Mexican-style tacos, with steak instead of ground beef. Should be good... I was just thinking back to the days when my ex and I used to make tacos, is all. Got home and caught up, then checked the Translink schedules - important, as today is a holiday. It still seems to be okay!


Mom, on the air-conditioned Phoenix prison: "What?! The prisoners get air conditioning?!" Well, we guess they do, but Steph said it was more for the guards to make her feel better. Seriously, folks.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home