Sunday, May 23, 2010

Exits / I'll get the premium ice cream that's on sale! / Who blocks the hall with a BIKE?!

High-scoring words of the afternoon:

EXIT (327 points; 3W, 2W, 5L on X, hook off MARRIED to make DE), OVARIES (3W, 4W) - against Kelly W.
HAIRPIN (162 points) - against Linda H.
WOODIES (120 points) - against Katie B. [5W used twice, hook off HATE to make HATED]
HADST (275 points; two 5W), OVARIAN (176 points; two 4W), JAY (101 points; 5W, hook off ETH to make YE) - against Evangeline D.
ESTATE (198 points) - against Millie F. [2W, two 3W]
UNROBES (118 points) - against Scott S. [5W, hook off FIST to make EF / SI]
QIS (130 points) - against Angela V. [5W, 2L on Q]


Went out to get something for tomorrow's potluck... I limited myself to nearby stores which certainly took debit, and as I refused to go back to Save-On for the third time in three days, that pretty much left London Drugs. I wasn't sure if they had anything suitable for a potluck, but I settled on a tin of Copenhagen butter cookies. Those were better-looking than a bag of chips or wafer packages, and we need snacks after dinner anyway! Also got some on-sale Häagen-Dazs "Cookie Dough Dynamo" ice cream ($2.50 off?) and some on-sale Fanta.

At the checkout, a family of three Chinese people was taking FOREVER with what seemed to be a simple transaction, since they had at least eight Snapple bottles and other things. I had to go to Customer Service! Then I was afraid that my ice cream would melt while I waited for the bus, but it came in five minutes. Actually, I was out and back within half an hour, which is pretty good with Sunday bus schedules! As I went to my apartment, I noticed that the hallway door seemed to be blocked by something - turned out to be my stupid neighbors blocking it with a bike. Who the heck DOES that?! They apologized, but I wasn't impressed.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home