Friday, April 16, 2010

Joe's wedding was great - now I get to relax!

When Eric picked me up, he gave me a LOOK - "that's your wedding attire?" You got that right! It works, doesn't it? Seems he thought I might wear what I did to Jon's wedding: no floral hats and dresses for this time of the month, haha. It's true that he was in a suit and such, but none of that for me! For some reason, we started discussing Mr. Creep - Eric thinks that I need to work on saying his actual name because that would make him more of a person or something. I said that I'd stumbled upon him on Facebook, and preemptively blocked him. No, I wasn't talking about Stumble Upon, the website. When I told Eric what his middle name was, he said "See? He's EARNEST, too!" NOT THAT KIND! Managed to get there ten minutes before the advertised start time of the wedding (even on the oily rainy roads), and we figured it wouldn't start on time. He wondered whether Jon and Harmony's wedding had started really late - not sure!

We sat with Dianne after we signed something at the front; Dianne thought I wasn't going to come. Well, I changed my mind! Discussed middle names, void cheques (his second in the checkbook already!), "Backwards Male," and more. John came with his sons, and told me that Ada wasn't feeling well. Ian and Sean kept themselves occupied by playing a DS game, heh. Sean told me that the program was all in English - that's what I thought until I saw a Chinese translation of the Scripture reading, so I showed him that. It was a short wedding, done by the same pastor who did Phil and Grace's. He also kinda pronounced Joseph with a "Z" sound... COME ON, PEOPLE! Jeannie seemed to have trouble with English (as far as the vows went), but then she IS Korean! Joe said "for richer or poorer, for richer or for worse," which caused people to laugh or facepalm. He IS sick, after all...

When I got out of the sanctuary, I asked Eric where he was going - he was putting his card and cheque into the bowl for such things at the front. I told Ian and Sean that they had missed the best part, just for fun. Ian asked me what it was, so I said that Joe and Jeannie got to kiss - the "EW!" expression on the face he gave me was totally worth it, hahaha! Talked to Auntie Vonnie, who confirmed that her son Joshua had a child now. John said that he wouldn't go to Awana because it would be too long a day for him and the kids. Then I went around to get food and talk to various people, looking for Melia in particular. Managed to find her later, excusing myself from Awana since I didn't have a ride - she said it was fine!

Talked to Lauren, who knows that Jon is married; I told her to watch out in Burnaby in case my sister is ever on duty there, haha. She tried re-introducing me to one of her kids, but of course he doesn't remember me. Helen liked my green bling sweater, and wondered if I'd ever wear what I did to Jon's wedding again - maybe at Andrea's wedding. Maxine had her invitation, so I refreshed her as to the date. Dianne, Eric, and I talked to Irene for a while - I didn't know there were such things as prophetic schools, but my interest had waned by that time. Said hi to Tim, Keenan (PICKLES!), Winnie, Jenny, Connie, Lily, Connor (spilling water everywhere), Chung, Karen I., Mattias, Katherine, Grandma, Cindy, Lucas, Auntie Gloria, Uncle Richard, Auntie Ena, and more. I think Auntie Ying tried to say hi to me, but I was so focused on looking for Eric and shrimp tails that I probably accidentally ignored her! Whoops...

Chatted to Emily Lam, Phil, Grace (wondering where Jon was - not playing piano!), Jon's friend Matthew Martin, Sarah, Julie, the twins, Judy (the kitchen is a strategic location for eating!), Lesley, Frances, Isaac (baby's first wedding!), Helen K. (volunteer week / the boys / finally eating / walking), and Emily Choi. I went to the bathroom to take off my Awana uniform, which I was wearing under my sweater in case I could make it. Then I went into the sanctuary just in time for the last call of Joe's friends for the wedding photo. Later, Eric said that I'd been stripping instead - well, I wasn't about to say THAT in the church! Ate sandwiches, shrimp tails, spanokopita, chocolate, and more.

Eric and I left together (I didn't know John Law had a kid!), and (once we were in the car) discussed saying people's names, communal lunch, random surprises, tomorrow, Christmas carols, craziness, and some other stuff. After I'd been home for a few minutes, Eric called me to say that he'd checked stuff, and he's doing sound tomorrow. He also played me the DARKWING DUCK theme song: "See?! It says that when you're in danger, you can call DW!" YOU ARE NUTS! I changed my alarm before I forgot, and now plan to relax this afternoon by catching up on stuff like the CL forums and Wordscraper!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home