Friday, April 16, 2010

The Canucks take a 1-0 series lead against the Kings! / NO TALKING TO RANDOM MEN!

As I start to write this update, it's 2:55 AM. Yes, I should be in bed, but odds are that I won't sleep anyhow given the last couple of days around here! (besides, I already have written the update that's to come after this one) I caught the right bus out of here in time to take the 430 almost directly to Steph's place. When I got there, it turned out that Ceci and Angela were at Metropolis watching HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON. Steph treated me to an apricot beer, some pizza, asparagus, a healthy carrot-pineapple muffin, Dole apple juice, and Bits and Bites for snacks during the hockey game. The Kings struck first, but the Canucks managed to tie it up again - also on the power play.

Then we traded goals, and it was time for Luongo to do some intense saves in overtime - like the one where he somehow knew the puck was about to go into the net, so reached around to bat it out of there before it crossed the goal line. By this time, Steph had driven the girls home, and they figured that they'd have put the puck in the net if they tried to do that! Oh yeah, for sure! We had some grapes, and Steph figured that Angela should stay away from her if it was going to be overtime because intense active cheering would NOT be good for her stomach area! (she's pregnant) After a while, we went to meet Jon and their church friend Silas at a downtown izakaya place called Kingyo - of course, Jon was late! Listened to Regina Spektor on the way there, while telling "Mom stories" to the girls - peanuts, kissing, tentacles, and other things! HAHAHAHA, she doesn't really care, we're sure!

Talked about weddings, being drunk, sushi, sashimi, Wesley / Jose at gelato, Harmony and desserts, Starbucks logo, Kikkoman soy sauce, hot pot, veggies, food, cupcakes, Angela not being able to eat raw stuff right now, Living Waters / Regent / different people / judging / one small part of ministry / brokenness (of course we all have it - that's not my issue!), gelato, my sleep schedule, Toronto vs. Vancouver, lychee-mango alcoholic drink, gin and tonic, embarrassing me, salad / rice / pork / duck / raw salmon, Phnom Penh, the States / Seattle / shopping / narwhal horns, Nathan staying up to watch the game (he's going to kill himself one of these days), and more. It was a good time, even if we did leave after midnight - luckily, the Canada Line was still running after we dropped off the UG at home! I probably just missed the last 407 bus of the night, which was fine.

What was NOT fine was some random man attempting to make conversation while we waited for the same elevator. He seemed to be talking to himself even before he saw me, and that alone made me on edge. (it was about 1 AM or so) Just because I'm wearing a Canucks jersey doesn't mean I want to talk to you about the game, and just because I'm waiting for the elevator / going into said elevator doesn't mean I want to talk to you about your missing change purse! I understand that some people just want to talk to others, but I was focused on my own personal safety, especially past 1 AM with barely any other people around!

He let me off the elevator first, and then I simply stood at the nearest bus stop while he muttered to himself about some other bus stop. When it seemed like he had gone, I set out for home on foot. Got home at about 1:35, and I checked Facebook and LJ. Found that Tara Talmey had unfriended me (no big deal - we didn't interact much), and found that Wesley had invited Dave Wong to Hawker's tomorrow before Fellowship. You guys make me SO jealous, man! I had to leave a comment to that effect, haha. Guess I should go to tomorrow's program - especially if Steph and the girls might show up... and I'll have to see if Johnny needs my Chapters card, too!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home