Wednesday, March 24, 2010

At least I got my own way tonight...

Got out of the apartment in time to take out a bunch of money from one bank's ATM, and then deposit some of it at another bank. Then I went to Sears, and finally found some "inexpensive" non-microfiber undershirts after a while of looking. Too bad I'm rarely in the market for panties, because those seem to be more prevalent! I got a free newspaper on the bus, but I still had to kill time before the dinner. Went to Excelsior to have some noodles with bok choy, plus a bunch of water; for some reason, I was really thirsty!

At the Canada Line, I noted that it was almost 6... it didn't help that I'd just missed a train! Oh well, at least I got to Lin's before 6:30, thanks to a 99 UBC bus that stayed at the stop till I got on. My brother and dad weren't too impressed with my not replying to any emails, but I choose that way of sanity for myself, although I do own that replies would be good. (they made the reservations already - got home to find that Jon had called me at 6:10) Jon had done a bunch of stuff today, and joked that I'd bought underwear... actually, he was right! Of course, I did the respectful thing and said hi to Grandma / Auntie Eva / Uncle Percy / Auntie IT. (that's her name!) We had SIU LONG BAO, surfboard noodles, and a good soup with veggies!

We talked about dodgeball, Erin, sodium, produce shopping, my supposed "walking all over the honorary Ng, Eric" ... and processed stuff, Sunrise Service, health, stuff "for my own good," appointments, moving, family dinners, the "leakages" story, reactions, Jeremy's lunch being late, Mr. Creep (I DO NOT THINK HE IS A GOOD GUY!), cheesecake, Ceci and Angela coming to town, Chantal getting her birthday card, holding hands, hip-hop culture, small group, change of plans (might make it easier to share?), and other stuff. Apparently, Mom really wants a grandchild, but it's not happening anytime soon! She's relaxed her standards if she just wants her daughters to have boyfriends and not husbands... Jon and Harmony aren't going to have kids anytime soon, though! (he joked that I should talk to Korey again - NOT HAPPENING!) She was being melodramatic and saying that ALL her friends were grandmothers... not Auntie Christine or Auntie Teresa, although Auntie May now has six grandchildren! (four boys and two girls)

Speaking of Auntie Teresa, apparently she offered to look after Grandma for a week in May. Mom says she didn't say anything to her about it... yeah, sure. Grandma now gets permanent rock star treatment at her bank, since she has the manager's card - she didn't want to line up at the regular place, but went to the financial planner side instead! (she loves the safety deposit box) Mom said she had two bags of stuff for me - I said I was going to take the bus since I had to go to London Drugs, and she said they could drop me off. Nope, I like doing things my own way - it's safer! The reaction I got: "Will they allow you to carry that on the bus or Canada Line?!" I've carried more than that before, and I've seen people with suitcases / hiking knapsacks before... she's just dumb! Heard some guy singing Green Day at the Brighouse Station - Jasmine would like that, haha. Got home and consigned some stuff to the Salvation Army bag: a pink sweater (not my color), a black bling sweater (not my style), Cathay Pacific socks, a white sweater which wasn't my style, and more. For now, I'll keep the Ralph Lauren jacket with non-zippered pockets, the red toque, a jean jacket, and maybe a couple of T-shirts.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home