Saturday, December 19, 2009

I am NOT shy when it comes to giving out cards to certain people, but I will rant about others!

Eric picked me up, and said he could hear my screaming when he rang the doorbell.. eh, stop scaring me when that happens, then! Spent most of the ride ranting about my ex, Raymond, and Mr. Creep - I can imagine my ex saying what he actually did to Eric last week! ("So you care about Leslie more because you're just going to leave me to wait at the bus stop?" Life is NOT all about you! While I admit that it would suck to wait, he would have deserved that if it had happened! Besides, he could play stuff on his phone, so it's not like he would have had NOTHING to do to pass the time!) We made a detour to Dylan and Deb's so Eric could pick up a bag FULL of new socks, plus a huge pie. I asked him about the possibility of a ride for Sunday, and he said it was doable. Good, then! He wouldn't have seen me on Sunday since he was in the sound room, but that was fine.

When we neared the fellowship hall at church, I could just FEEL the presence of Mr. Creep - Eric had been trying to tell me that HE personally didn't feel any "bad" vibes from a certain person being the last one in his front seat until I occupied it tonight. Well, I kinda did! Eric wondered where I'd like to sit - not next to my "buddy," because I don't have one! Ended up sitting with Tim, Maxine, Joshua, Keenan, and Calla - the kids were cute! Joshua told us that he'd flipped a pencil, haha. Wrapped care packages for people while having SO MUCH DESSERT, gave Grace's container to Phil, returned Karmie's container to her (even though she said I didn't have to), and "shyly" (says Eric) gave a Christmas card to Dave.

He's a cool enough guy, even if he did wonder later if someone had "jacked" it! (I think he might have some black blood in him - I'm not being racist, just observing) Gave a card to Christon, who said that he'd return the favor - it's just that the card was at home... no problem! Then I gave Tim's super-late birthday card to him, hahaha. Told Harmony and Jon that I'd probably join them at the Whip on Sunday afternoon to see Fred - he's back from Australia for the holidays, and I haven't seen him in about two years! (since the day before New Year's Eve 2007) Don't know how that'll play out since there's no Sunday School, and I obviously have to be there for Toddler Sunday School, but we'll figure it out on Sunday morning! Joshua wanted to know why Eric didn't eat any dessert after Maxine and Calla wanted Eric to have some (he can't because of health issues!) - I told him that it had to be appropriate for a kid who's four to understand, so Eric just said that he wanted to be healthy. Good enough!

Listened to Jon speak for a few minutes to the group about SERVANTS: it was probably a good thing that Tim and Maxine had taken their kids home a few minutes before, since the Downtown Eastside subject matter wasn't really kid-friendly! (Keenan seemed to be TIRED!) Hugged Fidela and Darren hello since they're back for Christmas break, hugged Cindy and Dianne goodbye since they're going to China tomorrow, welcomed Sam back, talked briefly to Henry / Amy / Isabel / Emily Lam, and was generally friendly to most people. Didn't see Jeremy, but I bet he's super-busy! I wondered if Eric had a secret admirer since I saw he had a present - Christon had given it to him. Later, the guys were planning a Sunday Dinner for Jan. 3 - should be interesting! Dave and I just talked about his housesitting, weddings, and Sunday Dinners - he says he can make soul food and mean Caribbean-style dishes! Nice, indeed! Joined Eric and Calla in talking about time off work - he has most of next week off, too. Karmie came over and started talking about ear piercings - the one at Claire's is more expensive than the one Calla got recently at a spa. ($20 with studs vs. $50 with "free" studs) Her daughter Hannah came over, and we all admired her colored braces, haha.

Eric, Jon, Harmony, and I went to Dragon Ball to hang out with Fidela and Darren - we had to stop short at the door because it had undergone RENOVATIONS since the last time we were there! We talked about social justice issues / authors, mocha / persimmon, ginger-longan, durian, Fidela's parents being willing to listen even if they disagree about her behavior change, VAMPIRES (no TWILIGHT!), PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES, SENSE AND SENSIBILITY AND SEA MONSTERS, life in Atlanta, the Olympics, 2009, Tiger Woods, Jon Gosselin, Steph's new townhouse, how parents might react to "incarnation living" where you live with the people you serve, SERVANTS, Ron playing in the Goh Ballet's production of THE NUTCRACKER, Megan, Wayland's wedding (the bride was FREEZING!), and more stuff. Ivan Choo unexpectedly walked into the place just before closing time - we said hi to Karen via phone, haha. After dropping Jon and Harmony off (we all watched Fidela walk to her car, haha), Eric thought that Dave was my new target - um, NO. It was a nice gesture, and that's the story I'm sticking to - even if I did write "hope to get to know you better" in the card.

I hope he's not reminding me too much of a certain person, yikes! Got gas at an expensive price, and discussed the monitor / TV situation. Now, if I had given him some baked goods and chocolate along with the card, then that would have showed my hand too early in the game! But it was just a card - and I didn't mind his calling me "Les," haha. Interesting times, indeed! Got home to find my sister not here yet, but that's not surprising as she's the Designated Driver for the C Watch Christmas party, and it takes FOREVER to get from Maple Ridge to Richmond anyway! Fielded an email from Fidela about a girls' get-together early in the new year - should be cool times!


Poo nugget for this weekend: The Ritual Poo - The Ritual Poo occurs at the same time each day. Due to the clockwork nature of this poo, you can prepare by having a newspaper ready and your favorite bathroom location scoped out ahead of time. The regularity of these poos may provide comfort in an otherwise unpredictable world. Synonyms: Rite of Passage, Palm Poo, Calendar Crap.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home