Sunday, December 20, 2009

2009 Survey: Fashion Concept, Achievement, New People

2009 Survey: Fashion Concept, Achievement, New People

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? Went to the Alibi Room, watched SWEENEY TODD, had Steveston Pizza, had GOOD male overnight guests stay over (yay for Terrence and Teunis!), took the West Coast Express, attended a women's Bible Study group, and went to a cookie exchange.

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn't really make any, so there aren't any to break. ;)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Winnie did!

4. Did anyone close to you die? I don't think so.

5. What countries did you visit? None! Yay, I'm exciting! :P

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Good friendships with certain people, someone OUT of here, better sharing in general, a safe public blog, and staying true to myself.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Jan. 1 (watched FARGO and FAMILY GUY: THE MOVIE at Nathan's with the guys!)
Jan. 3 (Matt and Elaine's wedding reception, which ended up clashing with Jon and Harmony's engagement party at the Alibi Room)
Jan. 9 (found out my brother was FINALLY on Facebook - Tony and others think Harmony had something to do with it, har har)
Jan. 10 (watched BLADE RUNNER and DR. HORRIBLE with Teunis and the usual bunch - including Kailee and Alysha - at Erik's)
Jan. 11 (watched the premiere of 24 with a bunch of people, including Jeremy)
Jan. 16 (went out with David S. to Home Outfitters and such - he told me that he was the descendant of Jesus Christ, among other crazy things!)
Jan. 19 (watched ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA at Nathan's)
Feb. 13 (Teunis made it out for a Fellowship potluck - FINALLY, haha!)
Feb. 17 (got Mongolian FIRE OIL and a weird movie DVD thing from Colorado!)
Feb. 27 (FINALLY got together with Billie, but we're not going back to Fish on Rice since ONE Alaska roll somehow turned into FOUR!)
March 18 (a year REMOVED from HELL!)
April 4 (celebrated Vanessa H.'s birthday with a bunch of people, including Kyle - good to see him again!)
April 6 (found the PERFECT use for someone's red party shirt, hahahaha!)
April 15 (celebrated Mom's old-style birthday at Kisamos - Greek food! - then went to Erik's to watch CITY OF LOST CHILDREN)
April 23 (saw ALEX LEE - of all people! - at the Oakridge White Spot... SO GOOD!)
May 3 (celebrated Danielle's birthday / grad at Melia and Angus' place - we found USED CONDOMS in the common pool room as we were cleaning up; EWWWWWWWW!)
May 16 (another "forest hiking / Erik party" day - and at least this time around, I didn't have to worry about someone else's feelings because of a death!)
May 23 (The perfidious blackguard Raymond decided to end our friendship because he felt my Facebook usage needed prayer, and because he thought I was obsessed with him since I tagged him in the POO NOTES - STUPID IDIOT! I also hung out with a bunch of people at the townhouse - including Vivian, Gabriel, Daniel, and Michelle - for Spoons / Steveston Pizza / frozen yogurt!)
May 24 (Harmony's bridal shower - I hate the "toilet paper wedding dress" game!)
May 29 (got together at Metrotown with Billie - we wandered their back corridors when the mall was closed! YIKES!)
June 6 (Jon and Harmony's wedding)
June 22 (Megan's bridal shower - also, Terrence came into town for a couple of days - watched UP, went for bubble tea and sushi and STEAK...)
July 1 (the Canada Day barbecue - this year, I didn't have to worry about someone else - YAY! Also found a mouse attempting to get out of my garbage can - ewwwww!)
July 5 (went to the Jazz Festival with Jon, Harmony, Nathan, Shally, and Jeremy - good times!)
July 7 (had a good last hangout with Nathan and Chinese Eric - California Café works!)
July 9 (Finally hung out with Chrystal - Boston Pizza / London Drugs / Fit-Overs / Shoppers and their scents! Also saw Rachel and Lisa later on at the townhouse!)
July 18 (saw Krista in Tsawwassen, since she was back for a couple of weeks!)
July 21 (hung out with Krista and Erik - Future Shop, Bubble Queen, and CORALINE was good times!)
July 24 (hung out with Billie in Richmond near Richmond Sushi - good times!)
July 26 (aw Jon and Harmony's honeymoon pictures at Eric's with them and Jeremy)
July 28 (saw Brüno with Krista and Vanessa - AIR CONDITIONING ROCKS during a HEATWAVE!)
Aug. 1 (had a scavenger hunt at Granville Island, which I was less than impressed with - stupid buses as well!)
Aug. 5 (had physical freedom for a YEAR exactly - YAY!)
Aug. 10 (Billie slept over, finally - YAY for that!)
Aug. 11 (the start of Housesitting 2009, Part 1 - Grandma is very frustrating sometimes!)
Aug. 14 (Grad Banquet 2009... HOLY MO-FO and BEEF JERKY UNDERPANTS!)
Aug. 23 (took the Canada Line for the first time, home from a Sunday Dinner with Wesley and Lincoln as new additions)
Aug. 26 (met up with Teunis and Jasmine at the Oakridge White Spot - good times!)
Aug. 29 (Jon and Harmony's housewarming - too bad a certain person was in town and ruined my ride plans!)
Aug. 30 (Saw FM for the first time in YEARS! Also went to the Night Market with Dallas, Nathan, Jon, and Harmony!)
Sept. 6 (celebrating Eric M.'s birthday at Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company / Millennium Karaoke... too many Chinese songs, courtesy of someone who shouldn't have been there!)
Sept. 7 (Erin and Ben's Vancouver wedding reception)
Sept. 13 (Nathan's farewell at Kishu Star - hope he continues to enjoy the UK!)
Sept. 17 (celebrating my birthday at Kelsey's with a bunch of people - Teunis then came to stay for a few days with TUBS of stuff!)
Oct. 1 (went to Jon and Harmony's to watch the Canucks-Flames season opener... we also said HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jeremy via phone!)
Oct. 4 (met my great-aunt for the first time, along with her son Eric - I also started noticing a certain ICK around my church!)
Oct. 5 (Grandpa Marr died - I got to be the FIRST to tell Mom!)
Oct. 21 (I slept over at Billie's - I got her a LOT of presents!)
Oct. 26 (went to Posh with Steph, Chantal, Karen Grace, Ryan, Margaret, and others)
Nov. 4 (went to PEACEFUL restaurant with Jon, Harmony, and Danielle - went to my first Women's Group Bible Study EVER that night, too)
Nov. 19 (Steph took possession of her "new" townhouse - saw "TASTED RICE" on a Pho menu later, too)
Nov. 24 (celebrating Jon's birthday at Gudrun)
Nov. 27 (hanging out with Vanessa and Kyle at Tapioca Express - YAY!)
Nov. 30 (banking a new way, haha)
Dec. 4 (Fellowship Christmas potluck... it would have been better had I not been worried about what the planned power outage was going to do to my food at home - but reacquainted myself with certain people!)
Dec. 9 (parents went on a Singaporean Cruise - Housesitting 2009, Part 2 was then enabled... good thing, since I needed a break from the mice!)
Dec. 16 (Women's Group Cookie Exchange 2009)
Dec. 18 (lunch with Auntie Ying, who insisted on buying me a book - I chose a Bathroom Reader, since true crime and such would horrify her, haha - saw Fidela and Darren back that night, too!)
Dec. 20 (met Fred at the Whip - it's been just under two years since I've seen him!)
Dec. 22 (Mom and Dad got back from their cruise, with Grandma in tow)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I was able to feel "vibes" in the air and around certain people!

9. What was your biggest failure? Not telling certain people exactly what I thought of them, har har.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope, definitely not. I do have my vitality!

11. What was the best thing you bought? Books for Billie, Jeremy, and Christon - for myself, I don't know!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jeremy, Corey, Eric M., and Steph - she knows why. ;)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Raymond, and a certain other person which I won't mention here.

14. Where did most of your money go? Food and books, as per the usual.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Jon's wedding!!!! Getting together with Billie / Vanessa / Teunis!!!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Any Beatles remastered track.

17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
i. happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? The same, I hope.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, thanks to monthly transfers. ;)

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Getting to know certain people better.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Wasting time in certain places with certain people.

20. How will you be spending Christmas / Hanukkah? I'll possibly spend the morning (ugh) helping with the kids - don't know about the rest of the day.

21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2006? Going on a rant, and having certain people know about this. Sorry.

22. Did you fall in love in 2009? No, I think that part of me is broken. :(

23. How many one-night stands? Zero.

24. What was your favorite TV program? 24!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Yes.

26. What was the best book you read? Not sure.. too many candidates! I know there was at least one food book at Jon and Harmony's, but darn if I remember the title!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Dunno if I discovered anything...

28. What did you want and get? Help with certain things, as well as some in-person time with Chinese Eric.

29. What did you want and not get? Eradicated mice and a nice management!

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Up!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Turned 33 (shut up), went to the mall to meet Billie, spent some time at home (where we shared cake), fielded a VERY quick call from Candy, and went to Kelsey's at Ironwood with Steph / Billie / Teunis / Harmony / Jon / Eric M. / Christon / Jeremy. Then I let Teunis stay over for a few days - that was pretty good, haha.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Emotionally mature people in my life, at least more so than certain others which I won't get into.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? BLING! (or that's what Eric would say, at least...)

34. What kept you sane? Being able to vent to certain people. ;)

35. Which celebrity / public figure did you fancy the most? For some reason, I'm not much for celebrities. Maybe it's the increasingly public eye and suchlike.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? None, really... unless you count my immense hate for the incoming HST.

37. Who did you miss? Vanessa H. - Krista was right when she said we WOULD get along! Definitely missed Chinese Eric and Nathan, as well. Then of course, I missed Grandma when she went to Hong Kong... and I missed Citrus when he was in an undisclosed location. ;)

38. Who was the best new person you met? Um, I don't know... did I meet that many new people this year? (too bad this question doesn't pose the opposite, haha!) The people whom I met are either too new to know well, or I don't know them that well and am unsure if they'd welcome me into their lives. Such is life. :(

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: Do not trust ANYONE. Oh, and LISTEN TO YOUR GUT!

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Is there one that's about feeling vibes in the air?

40. For posterity...

Artist: Phil Collins
Song: In The Air Tonight

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord

Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend, but I don't know if you know who I am
Well I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord

Well I remember, I remember, don't worry, how could I ever forget
It's the first time, the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence UP, oh no you don't fool me
Well the hurt doesn't show, but the pain still grows
It's no stranger to you and me

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord, oh lord
Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord, oh lord

I can feel it in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord, oh lord, oh lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord, oh lord, oh lord
And I can feel it in the air tonight, Oh Lord...
I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, Oh Lord, Oh Lord

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home