Sunday, December 06, 2009

"Our fellowship has good hardware and software is lacking!" - oh, Mom...

The ride over to church was sufficiently interesting, but filled with Mom moments - oh dear. At least she got the word "clearance" right on the first try! (my sister's been making her do English exercises) She told me that JON had written the "wet kisses" email, which I forwarded to Janina as soon as I got on the computer! Mom also wanted me to start sleeping over TONIGHT, which is probably code for "let me yell at you because I'll be stressed from trying to pack, and seeing my mother again!" Um, no thanks! I'll come over late on Tuesday night, hahaha. Exchanged amusement with Jeremy, and sat next to Steph so that I could more easily give her the Advent calendar. When she saw my tumbler of coffee, she teased me by saying that it was booze - NOT IN A CHURCH SERVICE! Talked to Connie about her sister Winnie's new baby boy - no name yet! When the new guy David ("dope / represent!") was looking for my brother by name, I said that he was around somewhere... this caused Yvonne to observe that she didn't know Jon and I were siblings. That's all right, since she's relatively new! I gave Keenan his birthday card after Grace had given him and his brother Joshua a Christmas gift - after Keenan took the dinosaur card out, Joshua destroyed the envelope! Then he put his face on it and imitated a monster - how cute!

I talked to Denise and Brian about my parents' cruise and such - Denise thinks I should take advantage of the shopping there. Haha.. I like the vacation from my parents, man! Talked to Jon, Harmony, Steph, and Jen about Jon's typing the email - it was practically a "family" discussion, but the new guy Dave (not to be confused with David) was looking rather interested in what we were talking about, haha! Said hi to Christon, Lily, Hannah, Tim, and a bunch of other people like Adam and Andrew - Hien and I talked about chocolate Advent calendars! Saw Megan's cool sunglasses, too! During toddler Sunday School (just Amanda and Amos), Amanda said that to make doughnuts, you hit the dough against your body - she apparently learned this on TV. She also pretended to put me in a dungeon because I killed people, and gave me "sugar with half-poison which you don't know about" as a punishment. Well, then! Auntie Ying also reimbursed me for the cost of the Christmas cards - that was nice of her, and she said Linda's doing okay, but her surgery's on the 18th! (like Auntie Catherine, I remember) After Sunday School, I gave William and his friends two Ziploc bags full of candy - that included the hard candies that Eric had returned to me. Of course, they thanked me for it - I also wished Julie a happy 13th birthday, and she reminded me that Tina is exactly ten years older than she is! Talked to Lawrence and Vivian for a little bit before they left - Christon, Steph, Jon, Dave, and others had all gone to Pho.

I went to Happy Valley (a change from Tsui Woo!) with my parents, Alan, Polly, and Tracy's parents. At least Tracy's parents didn't discuss kidneys and surgical procedures like the LAST time we had lunch with them! The discussion mainly centred around H1N1, my parents' cruise and Hong Kong side trip, and people they knew 25 years ago. Later, we went to Steph's townhouse to drop off stuff. At the townhouse, my mom also wanted me to improve the annual report "so that nobody can understand it." Given the sentences "Our fellowship has good hardware and software is lacking" (which I deleted) and "Next year, our executive members will REMIND the same as the past years as follows," I'd say it's already "improved" enough. ;) She also showed me where all the extra food was kept, and told me to do chores - and then tried to guilt trip me. Not gonna work! Right now, Steph and I are leaving!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home