Friday, December 04, 2009

Auntie Ying and the Canada Line, clothes, Edwin, Karen Grace, Women's Group, and more!

When I called Auntie Ying at 10:15 after writing a Christmas card for Amber (), Uncle Peter told me that she was in the shower. After 11:40, I figured she could have gone to bed. However, she called me back just minutes later, saying that her husband had forgotten to tell her that I'd called! She talked to me about clothes not fitting, Edwin, Karen Grace not wanting to go to church since she's mad at God for letting her dad die of cancer (which is understandable), their mom Auntie Susan (not to be confused with Vivian and Karen's mom), line dancing, Bible Study Fellowship, having lunches with the younger people again, Alan and Polly, Christmas plans, and other things. I didn't know Phil and Grace were going to Hong Kong and Taiwan with Grace's family! Auntie Ying said that she could come see my place before Christmas... er, it's kinda messy, haha. Never mind that I won't be here for two weeks! She says I can think about a good date, since she has taken the Canada Line before along its whole route... oh, phew! My mom would be apt to say that it's too far for her, but I just won't tell her - she's lost the right to know what I'm doing every minute of every day!

I shared about Women's Group with her - she thinks it's good that I go to a small group for mutual encouragement. Yeah, I guess it's good for that, haha. Discussed Karmie, Harmony, Jon, Pastor John, church support, Jon's worship music being so lively, and how the twins' mom Linda was doing - Auntie Ying hasn't talked to her, so will do that tomorrow. (figures Linda is out of hospital now...) Then she asked what I wanted for Christmas - of course, a computer or such (DREAM WISH!) is out of the question, so I told her that I was fine with stuff. She thinks I'm content, which is kinda true... but any gift might get back to my mother, and I don't want HER questions all the time, either! It's good that Auntie Ying and I are part of a team, for sure... she says that Auntie Bessy has ordered the same sort of stuff for the Sunday School winter term, heh. Her idea is that we teach the kids Christmas carols like AWAY IN A MANGER... that might not be TOO bad, considering. I just hope it doesn't snow till Wednesday, maybe!


Poo nugget for Friday, December 4: Combating Farts - Alpha-D-galactosidase, the active ingredient in gas-reducing substances like Beano, is an enzyme that helps you digest the otherwise indigestible polysaccharides high up in the digestive tract. Thus, it prevents their passage into the colon, where voracious gas-forming bacteria reside.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home