Saturday, December 05, 2009

I guess I could be Santa with this Santa hat, yeah...

In the afternoon, I got worried when Henry hadn't called by 3:40... so I called him, Ada, and Melia with no answer (technical difficulties?) - shortly after, he called me to ask if we had Awana today! Turns out he was in the usual spot - we got delayed even more by an accident featuring a totally destroyed car! (told him that I heard his sister has to move with her two girls...) Listened to all Christmas music on the way over, but at least it wasn't total schmaltz! Told him that I'd be elsewhere for the next two weeks; when we got into the church, the kids were practicing their song for the annual Christmas presentation. Chrystal and I complained about the cold fellowship hall - it was warmer in Henry's CAR, man! I understand that the church wants to keep the heating bill DOWN since we're at a deficit for that, but still. Even at home, it still seems cold when you turn up the heat! Of course, you don't want to turn it up TOO high, and I'm not even talking about the heating bill here!

Talked to Nathan when I saw him outside; he wondered about the Awana game time, so I told him what was going on. Said hi to Emily, Andrew T., Golden, and some others. Andrew H. called me "Santa" because of my Santa hat; Auntie Vivian joked that Michelle's mom wanted to borrow my Santa hat tonight. Conor told me that he completed a lot of sections - YAY! Afterwards, I took both extra packages of seaweed crackers, and said hi to Sean and Ian. On the way home, the boys talked about swimming / games / the length of time between now and a certain date / dinner and the DS / Christmas decorations. Interesting times, indeed!


Edit: HAHAHAHA! My mom emailed me her version of the Christmas newsletter for me to proofread. Good thing, too - it needs some of that treatment! I shouldn't be laughing, but "whether" for "weather" is just too funny! She also described Harmony as Jon's "finance" when I think she meant "fiancée"... HAHAHAHA!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home