Thursday, December 17, 2009

PEACEFUL restaurant, misspelling "champagne," and more!

I thought I was going to be REALLY late for dinner, but I actually was the first to get to PEACEFUL even with being a little late! We talked about Dad, Mom, Grandma, lamb, rice, Chantal, Nathan Tee, Melissa, emotion, good movies, support, cleaning, Karen Grace, Margaret, Vivian, CHILI PEPPERS, beef rolls, Gabriel, Pastor John, lists, church, cookie exchanges, Steph moving to her townhouse on Saturday, Steph's trip, Danielle, Vanessa, and other things. Good thing that we could actually schedule a dinner what with everyone's crazy schedules and stuff. My thoughts last night were right on the money, but we WILL support Steph, no question about it. On the way home, I got Steph to stop by my place - along with other mail, I got the hydro bill / a surprise Christmas card from Steve and Carol B. / a Christmas card from Katie J. (touchofgr3y) SO GOOD! I'll do up last-minute Christmas cards later on, haha. (Steve and Carol, Christon, maybe a couple more people I'm close to...) Updated Steph on the latest news: Winnie's baby, Frances' pregnancy, and more.

We also just got another email from Mom. "I think Alan is quite relief that he is getting out of the tropical zone," "broarding the 4:30 pm flight to HK," "I have adopted an Korean purser as my other daughter," and "she gave us a free bottle of champhaine" were all highlights. Note her spelling of "champagne." HAHAHAHAHA! More highlights: "if you are ever in Changi Airport, go to the basement 1 for the HAWKER food center for staff" (I think she means Hakka :P), and "Right now, I have to hurry up for this free internet session." Hahahaha! Oh, Mom...

Steph got an email from Dad about reconnecting Grandma's Chinese TV, which also included a gem about sweat and smelling himself - yeah, we know it dries out on you, for sure! Of course, she forwarded it to me, Jon, and Harmony! I called Auntie Catherine, who again wasn't home. This time, she called me back. When I said that I was going to call her because I remembered about her surgery tomorrow, she was her characteristic gentle self and thanked me very much for being so caring and thoughtful! She says it's a day surgery, so at least she can go home afterwards and rest! I also called Eric, who thankfully doesn't think he has to be at the dessert night early (Jon is sharing there about the Downtown Eastside), so he'll pick me up from here tomorrow. For Sunday, I'll call him on Saturday. Thank goodness I don't think someone who should go to hell is in town!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home