Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cookie Exchange 2009 / Mr. Hanky, the Christmas Poo!

Karmie picked me up on time, and we discussed our days / family life / baking on our way to pick up Jen and Harmony near church. Shally would have driven them, but she was sick. Discussed more baking, mayonnaise, chicken stock, holiday plans, and more. Got to Grace's house - almost everyone else was there, except Frances, who came really late. Connie was going to make it, but decided not to. Stella, Maxine, Frances, Grace, Calla, Jen, Harmony, Karmie, Karen Chan, and I spent our time discussing cookies, driving, Calla's recent trip to Kuala Lumpur / Malaysia / Singapore, hot weather, Stella's upcoming trip to New York, road trips in the snow, my Santa hat NOT lighting up, Karen HATING the snow, White Rock, last year's snow dump, nuts from Iran, kids' birthday parties, Tim / Billy / Joe T. / Joshua / Keenan / Jason / little Micah and his nut allergy, Frances' pregnancy (due in February again), Mel's new job, Winnie's new baby (who finally has a name - Cameron), Connor / Megan, the cute things kids say, and other things. Karmie's daughter Hannah thought the United States of America was called the United STEAKS of America when she was about four - her mom wasn't sure WHAT she was visualizing, but maybe slabs of meat! Maxine's niece is 12, and the family was watching a show on how a UK realtor goes around to various places for rent to show them to a couple. When Lauren heard "70,000 pounds," she wondered how much the house weighed! Her mother said that "pounds" was what their currency was called - the kid thinks she'll never live this one down! Someone surmised that as kids grow up, they won't say as many cute things - perhaps!

Harmony told me about a family dinner tomorrow at Peaceful Restaurant - it'll be at 6:30, when Steph gets off work. At least I know where that is! She also told me to recycle the Saturday newspaper - okay, then! (I called Steph when I got home to confirm that I had heard about it - she was sleeping, oops! She also doesn't know if it'll be THAT kind of dinner, ha ha ha!) We were in the kitchen to take our allotment of cookies - I think I'll give some to my sister to take to her work and share those around! (walnuts, lemon, butter, shortbread, macaroons, gingerbread, and more - oh my!) I asked Grace whether her mother-in-law had given her any material for me... no, but she was just downstairs. So after a few times of knocking on the door, I finally got an answer. Said hi to Uncle Peter, and Auntie Ying gave me a bag full of photocopies and things for the children. Told her that I'd print out the lyrics to AWAY IN A MANGER (which I've just done, on my mother's Christmas-themed paper!) We also agreed to meet outside the Canada Line Brighouse Station around Richmond Centre on Friday at 12:30 - I hope these warmer temperatures (8 degrees!) keep up. I think I might actually go to my place and pick up mail and such after lunch on Friday, too. Took a picture with the girls when I got called upstairs, and then Karmie drove me home - discussed Christmas lights, Youtube, chips, Happy Valley, Green Village, it being weird if we went inside our old church building, the "outdoor gym," Lee and Lily, the GLOW in North Vancouver, Stanley Park, Richmond Nature Park, her kids' going to bed and getting up, and more. Good times!


Poo nugget for Thursday, December 17: Mr. Hanky, the Christmas Poo - On this date in 1997, Mr. Hanky, the Christmas Poo, first appeared on the television show South Park. He emerged from the toilet bowl in the tenth episode of South Park's first season, wearing a Santa hat and bearing gifts for little girls and boys whose diets are high in fiber.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home