Thursday, October 29, 2009

Way early cards, Banana Cream Pie, Foothills Butter, travel mugs, and more!

Barry drove me to Save-On Foods, where I was determined to get two cheap on-sale notebooks, and succeeded: one is a Rachael McHale, and the other is a Charles Wysocki - Remington the Horticulturist. Yay for cats on the covers, and no real pink coloring! (I managed the same for the Jon / Steph / Mom / Dad / Harmony birthday cards I bought - I'll get Grandma's 90th once it's closer to the date...) I noticed that the Sidekicks were on sale for 99 cents each: Creamy Chicken Fusilli, Tri-Color Alfredo, Butter and Herb, Chicken, Tomato Alfredo, Chicken and Broccoli, Creamy Bacon Carbonara x2, Cheddar and Sour Cream, Sour Cream and Chives, and Fettuccine Alfredo all went into my cart. I will SO laugh if my mom gives me a bunch of these like she did back in August, haha! (not sure I currently have the cupboard space for it...)

Got some on-sale Campbell's Creations soup, too: Harvest Minestrone with Real Parmesan, Rustic Spiced Lentil and Vegetable, Smoky Bacon Clam Chowder, and Classic Chicken and Egg Noodle. Billie had mentioned some Knorr Inspirations microwaveable stuff in a huge bag, and I got three of those since they were on sale: Garlic Shrimp / Penne / Cherry Tomato, Grilled Chicken Florentine with Farfalle, and Chicken alla Vodka with Farfalle. While I was in the frozen foods section, I noticed some Michelina HARMONY microwaveable meals, hahaha. No, I didn't get any even for myself... my brother and sister-in-law would likely throw it out if I gave it to them!

Also got pads, new Infinity stuff, bananas, Apple / Blackberry yogurt, on-sale lemon dish detergent (saw Seventh Generation - what Jon and Harmony use), on-sale Watermelon Twist gum (watermelon / honeydew / cantaloupe), and a Vanilla / Brown Sugar hand soap refill. Decided to throw in some Foothills of Alberta whipped butter (on Corey's advice), on-sale soy milk x3 (I should have watched the expiry dates on two!), on-sale instant noodles, peanut butter, on-sale Banana Cream Pie pudding, on-sale tapioca pudding (haven't had that for SO LONG!), mixed jumbo raisins, a Thermos travel mug (which I thought was on sale, but apparently not...), Tropicana orange juice with lots of pulp (ditto), and on-sale peanut butter.

Was going to get some pumpkin-themed stuff for the kids or myself, but the on-sale mini pumpkins were too heavy, and the on-sale pumpkin pie was TOO BIG for one person! Where is the store for the SINGLE PERSON, man?! I'm glad I went shopping when I did, though... when I put the groceries in the car / from the car to the apartment, it was only lightly raining. Now it's POURING down! Time to answer email...




Your Witch Name is Hecate



Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.



You Are Black



You are a serious and thoughtful person. You spend a lot of time in quiet reflection.

You are a friend of the honesty, and you don't sugarcoat anything. You prefer the truth in all its complexity.



While you may relate to the color black, it doesn't necessarily mean you're a dark person. You just don't hide from the dark side of life.

If anything, you tend to be sophisticated and classic. You don't follow trends, and you have your own style of doing things.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home