Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm too awesome for you! / Boats, precautions, and hot pot

NO MORE CREEPS, PLEASE! He only wishes my awesomeness would rub off on him, but I'm not gonna let that happen!

Henry picked me up, and told me about a fire at work - seems they were making a Thanksgiving turkey, and the extra grease dripped in the oven, so there were ALL THESE FLAMES! Of course they put the fire out, but WHOA! I had to hear a bit of a Christmas song, and commented on it - way too early for ANGELS WE HAVE HEARD ON HIGH, thanks! That just made me think that the Christmas commercials will start right after Halloween - UGH. Managed to get rid of a bunch of change at Awana, and talked to Jessica / Sarah / Golden / David / Nicholas / Chrystal / Danny about points, new ways of doing things, Awana dollars, and more. Sean S. had folded one of his Awana dollars into a boat (how creative!), and Sean L. wanted help opening up his package of crackers. I expected him to say "thank you," since his condition is no excuse for NOT saying so - I had to prompt him, but he knew what to say! Henry and Eric were trying to scare him, so I asked if he were scared; "no!" Haha, good!

Told Golden about a four-hour class I had once; SO LONG! Briefly touched on teaching Sunday School, too. I'm glad that my alert has resulted in an email reminding us to be more careful with the kids, and increased safety precautions on Kids Night / Halloween... YAY! Said hi to Annie, Olivia, Anne, Sophia, John, and other people. Seemed to be a day for going out to dinner, especially with the rain. Cooking takes up a lot of time, that's for sure! I asked Matthew Ma #2 whether he remembered my name: he remembers my telling it to him, but not what it is! At first, he thought I was Auntie Rebecca, and looked like her - so he asked me for an Awana dollar! Nope, I don't have any! I wanted to see if he'd remember my name tomorrow if I told it to him right then - maybe. We'll see!

I saw the kids play tag before we went home - the kids were excited about hot pot (which is NOT a restaurant!), which made me want some. Talked about October / December / Christmas / going to bed anywhere from 900 minutes early to 200 minutes late. I don't think Ian and Sean should be going to bed at 11:10 PM, even if they DO share a room for now! Told them about my grandma going to Hong Kong - Ada was much amused by Cindy's story of her student asking her in the supermarket, "You have a mom and dad, and they're still alive?!" It was an interesting ride home, for sure.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home