Friday, October 16, 2009

I know Mattias is with his father... doesn't make me less worried!

Due to taking an unscheduled nap, I was LATE to meet Eric - fortunately, I'd called him as soon as I realized I'd be late. Later, he told me that he'd been somewhat surprised when I called him: "Oh no.... that means she'll be LATE!" Yeah, I think about half an hour late or so! We got going, and discussed Subway money arrangements / my great-aunt and money ("maybe she's forgetful!") / the Balloon Boy / steamy windows / some other stuff. I was determined not to bring up Mr. Creep, and I didn't - Eric said something about him, which he knew would lead me to more rants! Eric said that they'd reserve a seat for him by me - I hoped not, and told him that I was not interested in Mr. Creep in any way, shape, or form. He wondered whether I thought the same of him: as far as I know, he doesn't sit by girls or whatever with that intent! I expressed gratitude that the Missions Conference would be in the BIG sanctuary, yay! (much less confining than the small room)

At Superstore, I bought four bags of grapes, both red and green. I couldn't buy an uneven number of bags, and I wanted balance. Eric got our sandwiches, and we were done at about the same time. We discussed whether we should park in the parkade - well, it should be fine unless it's full. Got into church, and saw Christon talking to Mr. Creep - sorry, but I wasn't going to say hi even to Christon because of this! Not that I think Christon is somehow bad for talking to him, but I don't want HIM to think I'm open to contact! It seemed like he was looking at me, though - EWWW! Gave Jon his durian wafers and mail, and availed myself of the fragrant hand sanitizer outside the kitchen. Went inside the kitchen to wash the fruit and such: said hi to Cindy, Jen, and little Nathan while doing so. The water was a bit warm, but I'd deal... Eric decided to make it colder for his pears, which was fine.

Decided to find somewhere to eat my Subway Veggie Delight sandwich, and chose the stage. (the stair area was too crowded, and I didn't want crumbs to drop on the floor) Said hi to Grace, Harmony, and Auntie Esther, too. When I was ready to go in, I scanned the pews to make sure a certain person wasn't sitting nearby - I said hi to baby Mattias first. Turned out that I sat near Andrea, Henry, Chris, Sabrina, Nai Chiu, Billy W. (until he moved), Citrus, Isabel, Jon, and Christon. The speaker was pretty good - funny stories and a message about embracing all nations. Auntie Rebecca's translation into Chinese was even a little off, maybe deliberately - he could tell, too. "I didn't say that!" Hahaha. Wesley's talk on Uganda was pretty good, too - there are no McDonalds anywhere in the place! Clean water is important, for sure.

Afterwards, I told Andrea that we should hang out maybe next week or so. We finally decided that she should call me on Thursday after dinner so we can go for coffee - that sounds good. Baby Mattias wasn't in a good mood, even after I made a funny face at him - I think he cried harder after that, actually. Auntie Catherine introduced me to a friend of hers, which was fine. Wished her a happy early birthday for tomorrow, saying that Facebook had reminded me. She hugged me, and said that she couldn't see her friend's photos on Facebook. Apparently, she'd joined a group or something, and then had INFORMATION OVERLOAD because of all the messages she could now see... no, she doesn't have to reply to all of them! Then her friend said she couldn't work the photos - yikes! Learning opportunity, ahoy!

I went into the fellowship hall, and carefully noted Mr. Creep's whereabouts before I went to talk to the kids around. Hannah and Amanda wanted some candy, but their mom said no. Big Hannah waved at me, and I said hi to little David and Evelyn, the twins from toddler Sunday School. David actually talked to me, but I couldn't understand what he said, possibly because I couldn't understand his Chinese. :(

Jon was going around with the Free Bra that has been at Jeremy's for the past thirteen months and two weeks, because he's going to send it to Nate along with some transcripts. Isabel said she got sick, so Jon was joking about the swine flu. I said hi to Karen, Lincoln, Harmony, Stanley with seaweed, and a few more people. Alerted Eric that his sandwich was still in my bag; although I guess I could have put it in the fridge, it might have been confused as refreshment food! Later, he bugged me about how anyone could have gone into my bag - nah, I knew it was him. Everything was intact, including the money and such!

Gave Vivian a bunch of Fuzzy Peach candy, too. I noticed Mr. Creep pass by within a few inches of baby Mattias, and was instantly on the alert even though the baby was in his father's arms! Yes, I know it was a crowded room, but still! I went up to Chung and talked to him for a bit - I know Mattias wants the food that everyone else is having, but he'll have to wait maybe a year or so! Apparently, he really likes grapes, which is good! (virtually all of the grapes were gone, haha) I said hi to Mattias, who still didn't seem too receptive - but at least he'd stopped crying!

I saw a somewhat new girl talk to Hannah and Amanda, and play with them using a ball. That didn't give me any weird feelings at all - I talked to her later, and found out that she loved kids. She actually first knew of the church via our website, which is pretty cool. (Eric tried to use her bringing stuffed animals as a point against her - nah, my radar says she's okay!) Talked briefly to Citrus, and hear Phil discussing how Angus might have wanted him to stream the Flames hockey game: apparently, that wasn't a good idea since we were losing at the time. (Eric said that Jonathan had told him the final score was 5-3 AGAIN!) Discussed plans and such with Harmony and Jen - I'm glad Jen's going to be on Committee next year!

Told Kevin why I still hadn't sent him that email - seems I still have a few days to procrastinate on that, haha. Dianne said that she'd seen Steph at the hospital; cool story, man! Told her that Mel had seen her as well - very interesting, haha. Vanessa says her parents are away for about two weeks, so it's not too bad. Isabel says she might go to Ireland to visit Darren, and Jen instantly got jealous because of the hot British guys, haha. I had some orange slices too, then talked to Emily T. about life and such.

Christon said that he might be getting sick as well, so I said that I'd have to stay away from him and "Mr. Creep." Eric noticed that and warned me by saying my name. Hey, I don't really care who knows what I think of the guy - and he was gone by then! After some time, we all left. Just before we got in the car, Eric said that I was secretly into Mr. Creep - that made me screech "WHAT?!" in a high voice, let me tell you! We talked about guy perspectives ("if you avoid him, he'll think you like him!") - um, I hope not! Discussed bad names - "Peter" might make people think of a certain body part, "Falcon" being VERY BAD, and "Rose" / "Violet" being acceptable "color names." He says "Red" is acceptable as a full name because of THAT '70s SHOW - I don't think it is, and blamed stupid writers for TV shows making people think certain "names" are acceptable. Then he joked that he'd name his kid "Green" - that's not a good kid name, especially not with his last name!

I said that I wouldn't want my future kid to share a name with Mr. Creep just because of bad associations. Eric didn't understand that, so I asked if he'd name a kid "Korey" - no. See?! Bad association! He tried telling me that it wasn't THE REASON, but who knows! I know I wouldn't! We got gas, and then he wondered whether I was just stereotyping the guy because he doesn't have the best looks OR because he's awkward - no, man! I have this FEELING, you know?! I know I don't want him to even sit beside me because I don't want more of those icky feelings! Then he wondered whether I thought the same of him if he were sitting by girls - NO! I said that I might have to take a shower when I got home, and of course he wondered if it would be a COLD shower - BAD ERIC! ("you walked into that one" he said... WHATEVER, since I'm not sexually attracted to him!)

We discussed a lot of stuff, oh yes. I let him know about what happened last Sunday - no, I never want to have lunch with him, either! Sure, you ask people what they're doing for lunch so you can have a meal with them (either specifically or in general), but he better not try it with me! I want to tell him never to go near me, my family, or my friends! Unfortunately, he has! Then I let Eric know about what had happened when Mr. Creep went near baby Mattias - he could have been memorizing his facial features, and I don't want to know why! True, it's crowded... STILL! No, I don't feel that way about the new girl, Jose, or Richie! :P

When Eric dropped me off, I thanked him for the ride and said I'd see him on Sunday unless a Swamp Thing ate him, haha. He then said that the latest news on Kids Night is that our fellowship isn't helping out with that anymore - no booths, but maybe making something instead. Doesn't know whether it's because of what I brought up in email or not, but that's good then! Then he tried convincing me that it was okay because there were numerous people around - it would apparently be another story if Mr. Creep approached a child in an alley. Hey, kids get taken from crowded situations ALL THE DAMNED TIME! Got home to find out that an unfamiliar number called me - what the?!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home