Monday, October 05, 2009

I am NOT sleeping on the couch, nor am I getting stuffed into the crawlspace!

Corey sent me a message this afternoon, saying that he wasn't very impressed with the mooncake I sent. When I noted the timestamp on the message, I realized that I had to go to meet Great-Aunt and the others for afternoon tea. He said that my box got there today, but if I had to go right then, he'd interrogate me about it later. Fine, then! Turned out that Translink was on crack, as the 410 didn't really directly go to Yaohan... I had to walk on Hazelbridge and access the mall through a back entrance! Called my sister, who said that they were already at Lido since they couldn't find me earlier, so she had to give me detailed directions to get there. She even went out of the café to make sure I wasn't lost: "South is towards Richmond Centre!" Okay, okay...

Got to the café, where my mom's cousin Eric told me "no worries" when I apologized for being late. I said hi to my grandma and great-aunt, as well. Turns out Grandma did want to go to Hong Kong (if Cousin Eric is paying for her fare, why not?), so she's leaving at some point in the next few days or whatever. Mom thought I could just sleep on the couch if I came over for dinner tomorrow, but I can't do that! (despite my having done so to Billie, Korey, Aunt Janis, Emily Chow, Terrence, Palmer, Teunis, and Melissa!) I gotta prep for Sunday School, and do more laundry! Hope it's not a frustrating process like it was LAST time! I'm not going to be alone with her, in part because she makes "joking" remarks about stuffing me in the crawlspace at the townhouse! She did mix up "plane fare" and "bus fare" when talking about Hong Kong, though... you can't bus to Hong Kong from here, man!

My mom insisted on adding noodles to the bill because then I wouldn't have to eat Subway. I did get a Lays Southwest Ranch baked chips and Dasani bottled water from there later, though. (gave Eric $3 for the "combo") After I ate (and noted that Asian service was rude - the waitress ate her own food at my table when I hadn't left it yet!), I went to Aberdeen to kill some time. Went to the market to get some snacks - noted chocolate banana Pocky, dried mangoes, and more stuff. Ended up getting two Choco Gummy tubes... they're usually so expensive ($4) that I rarely get them, but they are good for sharing in meetings! (nobody had any tonight, so I'll bring the apple / strawberry ones to the church AGM) Then I was kinda early to meet Eric at the high school, but that was fine - it wasn't raining and it wasn't too cold, so I could read about dumb people quite well, haha.

Eric was wearing his jersey, and I noted that I'd forgotten about the game today. Talked about chicken consumption, bird flu, coughs, raspberry stuff, cheese, crackers, meatball pizza, eating a lot with my great-aunt and Mom's cousin, familiar Subway establishments, Choco Gummy tubes, seeing him yesterday in Richmond, his non-working radio, future kids eating old chocolate, and more. Got to church, and his prediction was correct: IT WAS LOCKED AGAIN! Good thing Pastor John was there to open the door! In fact, when he started a prayer (after I told Vivian that I had Fuzzy Peach candies for her), the doorbell rang again. Sotto voce so as not to disturb the prayer any more than I already was, I informed everyone that I'd get it - turned out to be Clara and a friend, who thanked me. Took care of a necessary duty while I was downstairs, too.

Pastor John, Eric, Kevin, Vivian, Johnny, and I talked about programs, Raymond, Randal, Dylan being sick, Chuck, cancer, cards, fruit / drinks / budgeting, savory snacks, whether my grandma would like Western snacks (probably not), conferences, recycling, Kids Night, Phil possibly having the swine flu, emails, attendance, and more. I said I'd be on Committee for another year, so I hope Jen is REALLY INTERESTED. Otherwise, I'll have to see a certain pale face and hear a certain stupid laugh for at least the next twelve months! Woe is me! :P

Once the meeting broke up and I was in Eric's car again, I was surprised to see that it was only 8:47. If Dylan were there, we'd be there for another hour! After briefly talking about games, I went on a "diatribe" (Eric's term) about a certain person for a while, and noted that thinking of sugar and gas right away did NOT mean I had devious plans in mind! Although I did note that psyching him out about Committee would require talking to him: "Guess what? I'm on Committee again next year, so if you join, I can see you more EVERY MONTH... YAY!" Hahaha! Asked Eric what he planned to do on Friday evening, and then went into "crazy mode" upon learning that he planned to go from home. YES! This means I can go home from my dentist appointment, which is a bonus because it won't take an hour or so like last time - only 20 minutes or so!

He believed me about the appointment and such, but didn't think I should get so crazy. Hey, I'm a level FOUR Insane, man! Then I told him that I didn't have to use my pen to write down Randal's name, and he was quite surprised because he thought things were civil between the two of us - well, yeah... but still. I said that Korey was a "troglodyte Mr. Potato Head," and mentioned that one of my friends had recently observed that his head looked like an ugly potato! (discussed the Troggs' Wild Thing at this juncture, as well as the book / movie Where The Wild Things Are) Then I said that he'd be the more obvious one between me and him to have a gangster shirt, because Eric thought my blue Engrish shirt was a gangster shirt - I'm sure my mom would be pleased to hear that, not. ("it's the tagging!") Maybe he doesn't, although Eric notes he has a FUBU shirt - "For Us, By Us" clothing line, indeed...

Talked about Facebook tagging, not "obsession," and other things before he got to my place. At least he's not feeling BAD like he was a couple days ago - being sick SUCKS, and I could tell he was still unwell when he talked during the meeting. He wondered to me what Randal's wall posts were about - something about a Bulgarian farmer? I said that he'd have to ask him himself, since I deleted him from my Facebook when the whole Ginger thing FINALLY went down (NO REMINDERS!), so didn't see any of this stuff. On the other hand, Raymond had BLOCKED me, which I guess automatically removed us from each other's lists. Got home and called Steph with my excuse for missing dinner - she says that Yee Poh is staying longer than we originally thought. Good thing!

Speaking of phone calls, I don't think I want to know why my apartment manager just called me from another number... o_O [I think I'll check it out tomorrow using the "official" number - when I called back three minutes later, the line was busy. Maybe Hester is systematically going down the list of people in the complex, and trying to figure out who left the complaint on the washing machine and dryer! YIKES!]

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home