Saturday, October 03, 2009

Four large Superstore pizzas save the day before a Food Bank scavenger hunt!

Henry picked me up, and he asked what I'd done for Fellowship last night: Bible Study! They'd had a potluck with fifty people, which wouldn't have been so bad if that number hadn't included TWENTY new people who (of course) didn't bring any food! Danny had to buy four large pizzas at Superstore, which thankfully tided them over! Henry also said that he wants to make a Thanksgiving turkey, and figured that the appreciation dinner next week would be free. It would be wrong if they attempted to make the volunteers pay for it, after all...

When we got to church, Sabrina waved at us. I stopped outside the fellowship hall to watch some of the Cubbies play - said hi to Rosenda, and got a couple of high-fives from her son Gabriel. He's so cute! Said hi to his older brother Ian, who just turned four - he and Jeremy share a birthday. (later, Eunice told me: "I'm already six years old! It's my birthday today!" YAY!) Priscilla, Emily, and Nina said hi to me, I greeted Martin and David, Auntie Vivian and I both bought staplers, Golden warned me against a stapler spring, and Conor grinned at me while his brother Sean asked what was happening with the scavenger hunt. While I was looking at the StoveTop stuffing mix, Bob grasped me by the shoulders and bugged me about stealing the stuff destined for the Food Bank. "Thou shalt not steal, you know!" "There's a difference between looking at it and stealing it, y'know!" Annie attempted to scare me for fun, and Golden said the whiteout tape didn't work on weird paper.

Said hi to Esther's mom, and to Hannah and Amanda's mom Catherine. Asked Auntie Rebecca about the dinner next week, and she thinks my parents might be going. Just in case, I'll see whether Henry can give me a ride. Jordan wanted a piece of paper whole Chrystal (her cruise was FUN!) and I were talking to Auntie Bessy about her bruised rib. Slippery floors or inadvertent lace loops certainly do a number to you! Saw Uncle Tom, Auntie Allyn, Uncle George (shook hands!), Auntie Grace (don't talk to me when my mouth is full of cookie... told me the Canucks lost 3-0 to Colorado this afternoon!), and Auntie Vera. On the way home, Ada and I talked about mooncake / Thanksgiving while her kids played a "good news / bad news" game: princesses, girls, lava, crazy heads, garbage, disco, dying, hot, small cars, damage, and more!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home