Sunday, October 04, 2009

Yay, I'm actually taller than one of my relatives! / Mom thinks Spoons means spooning!

Took the bus to Neptune, but had to walk for a bit - that was fine, since I needed some exercise! Turned out that I was the first of the "kids" to show up at the restaurant, but Jon and Harmony had to bus, and Steph slept a lot. Talked about mammograms for some reason, and my mom predicted I wouldn't have a good time with it because it squishes breasts right to half an inch or so. I couldn't help but think of Teunis' friend Cat, who apparently has 34F boobs! Come to think of it, I should have horrified my mother by telling her that, hahaha. But having never met Cat, I wouldn't be able to tell Mom if the boobs were real or fake! Oh well.

Discussed money, the shooting near Jon and Harmony's place, obstruction, Jon's teaching, his students including Maxine's niece Kayla (not Lauren), Maxine's sister Felicity, South African Chinese, wing night, and more stuff. Yee Poh (Great-Aunt) gave us lucky money, for which we thanked her. (I got $50) Steph kept taking pictures since she was so amused by Great-Aunt's cuteness because she's even smaller than Grandma! We didn't expect them to look alike since Yee Poh was adopted, but it was still funny. Then Grandma used her hands for some meat bones, so Steph had to take a picture of that since she almost NEVER does that! We weren't Chinese in that we didn't observe any "elder" customs such as waiting for elders to say it was okay to eat, haha.

Mom said that I could ride with them tomorrow, but then my siblings and I told her that it was illegal. "You can't have six people in a five-person car, Mom!" "Why not?!" "That's driving ILLEGALLY, Mom! There needs to be a seatbelt for EACH PERSON!" After that, we laughed at her because she tried to obscure what she was saying about Dinesty (that they had no customer service skills, and were rude) - but everyone could hear her since she only hid one side of her mouth with her hand. Then we decided to showcase her fractured English for her cousin Eric: when I told her to say "corpse," she refused because she thought I was trying to get her to say "c**k." Well, no... but then that led us to a discussion of people who meant COKE when saying something else, heh.

We discussed Spoons, and Mom thought we meant spooning! "Hey Mom... for my birthday, I'll play Spoons with a bunch of people!" "Oooh... so are two people going to be close together?!" My siblings, Harmony, and I all laughed at her - Dad told her that she should stop because of that, haha. Jon posed with a quail head in his mouth, which horrified Harmony, haha. Discussed plans for tomorrow - they've decided to go to Chinatown in the morning, so I'll join them for lunch, then perhaps go to Steveston. In case things go overtime, I'll bring my knapsack with the things for Committee in it. (notebook, pens, and my stuff) Probably I'll take out the teaching guide that Auntie Ying gave me this morning, since it'll make it lighter... things should be okay, for sure.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home