Sunday, October 04, 2009

"Bad soldiers killed Jesus!" / "I'll chop you in half if you don't give me candy!"

Dad and Grandma picked me up for church, so it was a good ride on the way over. Sat next to Jeremy, who warned me not to get too close since he developed a cold last night: same reason given for no handshakes, which is good. Spreading germs is SO not a good idea! Said hi to Quan, Calla, Connie, little Nathan, and a bunch of other people. Christon's team was having an off day, no thanks to the sound people in their room - I found myself thinking I'd fire the sound people if this were a paid position, since things weren't perfect, hahaha. Had Communion, which at least gives me a chance to see who's here and sitting on my side of the sanctuary, haha. Confirmed tomorrow's meeting with Pastor John, at least. When there was an announcement about next week's baptism service being entirely in Cantonese, Johnny figured he wouldn't go - I doubt too many people from the ESC will, because the names listed in the bulletin were unfamiliar!

Went to the fellowship hall, where there were no snacks! Gave away Fuzzy Peaches and Sour Patch Kids to Hannah W., Natalie, Gladys, Jonathan C., and other friends of mine. I know Vivian likes Fuzzy Peach candy, but I didn't see her today - maybe on Friday! Jeremy said he'd go right back to bed when he got home: good idea! Amanda's mom Catherine came up to me and Cindy F. separately to say that Amanda and her sister had a gift each for us. She said it was a mug, and that the girls were too shy to give it to us directly, haha. We definitely need the appreciation - not in any "gimme praise!" kind of way, though. Guess I'll also need to get some blank paper for the kids to draw on, a thank-you card, and a one-year-old birthday card for baby Mattias, whom I didn't see today. Too bad, because he might have liked my Snoopy bling sweater! (I was kinda overdressed when it started getting sunny and warm-ish... blah! :P)

Jon asked me where Steph was - no clue! Dad said we had to make plans, so I decided to go with Jon and Harmony for lunch at #9... being late is preferable, sorta. Chatted to a few people (Abby / Helen / Lily / Hannah L.), then made my way upstairs, saying hi to Chung on the way. Richard was back in toddler Sunday School, which meant use of the Lysol disinfectant wipes whenever he put the toys in his mouth! Esther wanted us to look at her pretty black dress - it was cute! Amanda heard me saying "oh my gosh" about something, and told me that I'd said a bad word! I guess I really do need to watch what I say around the kids, heh. Hopefully, she doesn't tell her mom what I said, eep!

Conor was his usual talkative self, and drew an interesting apple tree with branches having apples "grow" out of them! (it also included a sun, a rainbow, and a man with glasses sitting on a chair reading a book - with a yellow umbrella behind him!) Amanda drew Jesus dying on the cross (which had a heart above it), with a soldier next to it. Conor termed that a "bad guy who killed Jesus," and Auntie Ying liked that she loved Jesus! She also said that I could do the story next week because she knows her English is limited - I could be more lively and communicate, she thinks. Possibly, for sure... I'll try it!

The kids' older siblings and friends started arriving at the classroom: Carley, Emily and Nina asked if I'd seen Auntie Bessy; nope! Conor's brother Sean threatened to chop me in half if I didn't give him any candy or strawberry / chocolate Pocky, Rachel / Hannah S. / Hilary said hi, and Angel / Cindy picked up Richard. Amanda did give me the mug by handing me the gift bag the box was in: "You look inside and see what's there!" Okay, sure! I pretended to be surprised to find a LOVE mug inside, haha. Asked if it was for me: "Yeah, my mom bought it." Cool, cool...

By the time the last kid left, Jon was upstairs to say we had to go. Of course, that meant we stayed for a few minutes more to talk to Isabel / Grace (her friends Dave and Yvonne want to start going to Fellowship) - it was okay, though. Eric and Jon switched memory cards or something before we left. Talked about the weather, introverts zoning out, BoBo Bubble Tea, spiders, cockroaches, stealing blankets, farting, and other NG stuff on the way to #9 - Jon says I may have met his female friend (Vila?) who's going away forever, and has a party this afternoon. Maybe at a Sunday Dinner, like he said... but I haven't been to ALL of them! We re-encountered Eric in front of us in Richmond, so attempted to get his attention by waving at him. I'd say we could have called him, but he was driving too - no need for more distracted drivers on the road! Heard that Steph had got home from work at 7, which meant three hours of overtime!

Got to #9 late, and at least acknowledged our great-aunt (she's shorter than Grandma!) before sitting down to eat. Mom made introductions, and was surprised I didn't remember meeting her cousin Eric in 1994 because she had taken a picture of us in front of the Rosehill house! Well, if he was only there for one night like he said... NOT a surprise! Talked about family in-jokes (I'll KILL Harmony! :P), the Grouse Grind, Steph's townhouse, hand sanitizer, Teresa, Thanksgiving (didn't see Henry - I'll call him later), driving them around on Monday and Wednesday, cash-only places, the gym, interesting work stories, church, a one-day bus tour on Tuesday, and dinner plans.

Top Shanghai / Master Hong's / Felico's were considered, but we settled on Dinesty, which we last went to on 15 September 2007. I remember what happened AFTER that with my stupid ex snapping at me because HE changed plans too much and I was apparently expected to remember that he hated Chinese things ANYWAY. (then we watched BIG BROTHER or something... bleh!) Got home to find that Jonathan G. had added me to Facebook - cool, man! Called Eric, but got Veronica instead - oh yeah, I forgot about his hockey thing! Oh well, maybe later.


Edit at 1820: Dinesty is full, so we're going to Neptune instead at 7-7:15! Oh yay. Let's hope they don't show weird stuff on TV like they did the LAST time my sister and I were there! Also called Eric, who said I should meet him at the usual place at 6:15 tomorrow. Good to know in case I decide to go around with Great-Aunt and everyone else before dinner! (I'll probably bus there, since Steph would have NO idea where it is, haha)

Edit at 1840: Dinner is officially at 7, but my dad spelled my name WRONG in the email he sent from Mom's email account. WTF?! Shouldn't you know how to spell your own daughter's name?!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home