Monday, September 14, 2009

Bring on the houseguests and visitors, even on my birthday week!

Well, it seems as if I am going to have visitors / houseguests from Thursday to Monday. It won't be too bad, as I know and love both of them! Billie wants to come over after 11 on Thursday so she can use the anime coupon she got from Richmond Centre in August when she slept over. It would be good if we got a ride to Kelsey's in Ironwood after that (and if Billie got a ride to transit later), so we'll see! Yay for birthdays! Last night when I got home, I saw via FB status that Teunis needs a place to stay from Friday to Monday, so I offered my place. If he comes to the Ironwood bash, he can even start staying over from Thursday night onwards! This has a definite end date, which is good for Hester (apartment manager) if she complains about the car parked in the visitor parking for a few days running.

It won't have the bitter outcome of the previous time I decided to be hospitable to someone who needed a place to stay! (stupid exes!) Corey's noted that the LAST time I did that, it got me into a whole crapload of trouble. Yes, but this is different: I've known Teunis for a few years now, and I trust him. He definitely won't throw a fit if I ask him to do simple things, for one!

Doesn't matter to me if Teunis brings his stuff, since I've certainly had other people's stuff here, like Dallas' for two summers running now. He has stuff to do with Kaili on Saturday (Talk Like A Pirate Day?!), so it's a good thing that I have spare keys! I myself have Awana and then the family birthday dinner. Maybe it's best that I don't have to explain Teunis to Mom, even though my siblings can both vouch for his being a GOOD GUY! I well remember what she said to my sister once when she wanted to invite a "starving student" type over for a meal. NOT GOOD. Let's just say that Steph was rightly disappointed over that one!

Gotta remember to RSVP to the Church Appreciation Dinner which is in a few Sundays, too. This time, I don't care if certain stupid idiots attend, haha. I'm almost sure I'll get a ride home, but it's the transit there that could be the sticking point - we'll see! Should also confirm my reservation at Kelsey's on Wednesday night, as I'll have final-ish numbers then. I know AN ECHO IN THE BONE comes out next Tuesday, so I should get two copies... one for myself, and one for Billie for the NEXT time I see her! Possibly that should be at her house for a sleepover before the horrible fall / winter weather hits, hahaha. No extreme rain or snow in almost any amount for US! I'll certainly talk to her about it on Thursday, if not before!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home