Sunday, August 23, 2009

Noodles for lunch AND dinner is perfectly fine!

Ah, it's so good to use Firefox at Jeremy's! I installed it for two minutes on my mom's computer the other night, when I simply HAD to check something on that browser which wouldn't work on IE, but that was it. Steph actually slept in, so it was good I woke her up! We got out of the house a little late, but that was fine even if Grandma was impatient! Vented about Grandma, and listened to Steph talk to Chantal on the phone, too. When we got to the parkade, Steph let us out first so Grandma wouldn't have to walk so far. However, Grandma was REALLY impatient. When I saw John and Sophia with their little daughters Olivia and Anne, I held the elevator door for them! Grandma just wanted me NOT to wait for them - I just ignored her. She can wait the thirty seconds it takes Anne to cover ten or twenty feet!

Sat by Sarah, and noticed Steph looking at me when Pastor John mentioned "looking at death daily" - haha, she knows I'm morbid! After service, I was in the fellowship hall talking to Jen, when I spotted KELVIN outside! I excused myself to go to talk to him - he says it's a nice building, and that he's expecting a third kid. (Evelyn definitely looks pregnant!) They bought a house in Federal Way, so that's good! Saw their sons Taylor and Elliot - the younger one wanted to knock down the umbrella / garbage can, and was smart enough to de-activate the door stop. Was looking around for Eric, and saw him as I was talking to Kelvin, so I interrupted myself mid-conversation: "Hey, White Man! You going to dinner tonight?" He shook his head no - fair enough! So then I was looking for Jeremy to say that I'd probably show up early at his place; he had no problem with that!

After saying hi to Henry (and listening to Maxine and Evelyn talk about Keenan, Lauren, pregnancy, and more), I headed upstairs to find Amanda and Esther playing alone. However, Auntie Bessy's stuff was on the table too. She had just returned from her two-month-long trip to teach children English, and told me a bit about that. Auntie Fonda wasn't able to make it today, I guess. Amanda was making "fire candy" from the Jenga blocks, told me that her name was "Disgusting," and wanted my face to be on fire - no thanks! Later, I went downstairs and looked for my sister to no avail. Since she wasn't there, I thought I'd use the church phone to call her. First, I made sure that Grandma knew that Steph would be driving her home. While in the hall, I took the opportunity to give Ada the remaining oatmeal cookies from this week's batch to Ian and Sean for later. Ian thanked me, anyway.

Called Steph, who was at Oscar's. She came by, and I took a minute to decide on Pho for lunch. She'd already eaten, but needed a coffee! Vegetable Pho it was, for sure. Discussed plans for tomorrow and Tuesday, mostly. (also made Canada Line plans with Jon for later tonight) On the way back to church to pick Grandma up, we had a sisterly conversation. Then I talked to Hannah W. for a bit - she and a friend had fun with back-to-school supplies at Walmart, and got Facebook in February. After Steph found out that the senior lunch also included a Chinese opera person as entertainment, I finished reading OPTIONS magazine before we tried calling Jeremy and Christon to find out where they were. Christon was at Buy-Lo, but informed me that Jeremy was at home. Funny, since he didn't answer the phone when I'd called just a minute prior! Oh well, maybe he was busy cooking! Then we had another sisterly conversation on the way to Jeremy's before she went back to church to wait for Grandma - at least this avoids questions like "Where are we going, and why?!"

Went into the wrong apartment (206) at first - don't know why I went up the wrong set of stairs! Nobody noticed I was there, since a kid was lying on the couch watching cartoons... phew! I found the correct apartment, and found Jeremy / Christon / Isabel / Jen there already. Discussed Potstickers, Miso Ramen recipe, Richard's Miso Ramen, and How to make Japanese ramen from scratch. Jeremy says he's seen a product designed to let a woman pee out of a funnel - the commercial was clever, since a woman wanted to get rid of a guy! Hahaha, EWWWW! ("I've been with a MAN?! What the?!") Talked about lettuce, Facebook addiction, pork, dumplings, Wesley / Lesley / Jon / Harmony / Harmony's friend / Karen / Lincoln coming later, salad, my fast typing speed as per Isabel, weird nap positions, coffee shops, caffeine being a drug, wrappers, Jeremy's slow-seeming connection speed (I was blunt in asking how slow it was - Christon preferred a more polite approach!), and more,



Facebook quiz taken from Danielle:

Leslie completed the quiz "You're Italian, so you say... Are you? Really?" with the result Sorry, you're not as Italian as you think! Barely Italian. Noodle? Okay, sorry to say but you're not as Italian as you may tell people you are. For GUYS: You either go clubbing way too much, call yourself a "Guido" and claim that the phrase you're "Guido" means you're "Italian," been buying way too much hair gel, (and those big blow-out hairstyles might have been trendy at one point, but c'mon, what true Italian uses those now?), or just might not have been raised a TRUE Italian. If you go tanning, you're fine, but just don't go too much till you turn orange (which you might have already). Stop telling girls you're SO Italian, because when you get to that true Italian ragazza (girl) who pops you a serious Italian question... you're screwed. Sure, your grandparents' grandparents might have been Italian, but that isn't gonna cut it, noodle! Just tell them who you truly are! Nothing wrong with the true you!

For GIRLS: You go clubbing way too much... don't call yourself a "Guidette" and expect to be magically "Italian." Being Italian does not work that way (you have to be born Italian and your heart and soul have to be Italian). That bee hive on your hair is starting to produce honey. But if none of the above corresponds to you, then you just might not have been raised to be a TRUE Italian. Sure, your grandparents' grandparents might have been Italian, but that isn't gonna cut it, hun!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home