Friday, August 21, 2009

Timmy's Kitchen and Timothy's - do you see a pattern here?

Leo G. added me on Facebook - I remember him from school, man! Not sure how he knows Adela, though... and why do I have MARIO music stuck in my head?!

Steph left for some lunch plans, and then she went to work. I was going to have a Sidekicks, but called Jon to tell him that he had some mail over here that he should pick up. He said that Grandma was convinced we didn't have any milk, and said that we'd be going out for lunch after they did some grocery shopping. Yup, he'd heard about Grandma hijacking Eric on Sunday after lunch at Tsim Chai - not my idea! When he did get to the house, I gave him a real-life RSVP to the Sunday Dinner, and then discussed milk expiry / cleaning / Harmony playing with the dog while Holly and Peter are in San Francisco / tomatoes / vegetables / kettle chips / health / taking the newspaper and other things. Since he was taking various things (and Harmony did that from her parents' house too), I took all the Sidekicks since they were for my use anyway. I still have three at home, so this makes nine... yikes! Parmesan Pesto x2, Chicken x2, Three Cheese, and Homestyle Cheddar!

Picked up Harmony and then went to Timmy's Kitchen for lunch. It's the only Chinese place in Steveston, so it was okay that I went there for the second time in less than 48 hours. Had a different meal, including tan tan noodles - and more dou mew - plus ginkgo nuts or beans! Nice! Jon told Harmony the "freaking out cousins at Congee Noodle House" story... eating a bowl of mini jalapeno peppers is GOOD STUFF, man! Discussed the Canada Line, out-of-town friends, my comment on their Evite (SITTING ATTRACTION!), and various jokes about durian / his wife being fat since she drinks a lot of beer. Of course, this is how we amuse ourselves!

After that, we went to Timothy's for some gelato. Grandma wanted something small, but the kids' size was not small enough... she wanted to walk onto the docks to see what the boats were selling today. Fair enough, since it was some exercise! Saw salmon, fish heads (almost made Harmony want to be a vegetarian), prawns, BC spot prawns, a boat named SILVER DRAGON, and more. Discussed coffee ice cream, the small group outing, Coldplay's Clocks remixed by the Buena Vista Social Club (Ry Cooder!), mango gelato, white chocolate with raspberry gelato, a BIG bag of salmon, and other things. Grandma was going to get some cheap fish heads ($1 a pound), but she got too impatient to wait in line, even if there were only a few people ahead of us - prawns for $5 a pound it was!

When I got home, I called Eric to let him know that I wouldn't be at the small group outing. He's not sure if he's going to the Sunday Dinner, so I'll talk to him about it at church - yes, he can bring his stupid friend to the outing if he wants. Said friend really doesn't like outings, though... more fool, him! Mom emailed us from Edinburgh again - not quite as cute as the other email, but it'll do. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home