Thursday, August 20, 2009

I do not dump excess rice into other people's bowls, Grandma...

Spent a good time just reading, and then Steph brought Grandma home. At least I convinced her to eat the leftovers, but wasn't so successful in getting her to let me microwave all of them. I got my way on the noodles / lettuce / ham / vermicelli, dou mew, and chicken... but she stubbornly insisted on reheating the rice on the stove because I was already using the microwave for the other stuff. JUST WAIT A FEW MINUTES - IT WON'T KILL YOU! Then she claimed that I dumped my excess rice into her rice bowl while she had her back turned for two minutes. Um, why would I do that?! Crazy, especially since I haven't done that in a LONG time! Helped her water the plants and herbs again, but it's pretty sad when your 89-year-old grandmother has more strength than you do in order to turn the garden hose on! =/

I called Jon to see what time he wanted to pick Grandma up tomorrow since she was making noises about the hairdresser again. He called us back, and apparently the plan is to pick her up at 9 AM. After the last couple of days, it should be fine for me if she wants me to come along - Jon might need the translation help if Harmony isn't there to provide it, haha. Before Steph left to hang out with Karen and Margaret over a meal, she said that she'd keep an eye on Big G so I could go to the Sunday Dinner - she can go out with work people later at night! Hey, I'm staying home tomorrow night since Steph is working, after all.

Randal sent the entire list a question about durian and things like that. I take it that Jon doesn't have much response since he expressed a bit of frustration in his reply. At least the dinner will be at Jeremy's, which is good - unfortunately, his dining table is small. I don't know how I'll deal with eating in close proximity to certain perfidious blackguards - at least Eric had a big yard! I'll figure it out, I guess... and I'll RSVP in real life tomorrow, which totally owns email in this respect, har har har.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home