Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yay for seeing Krista in Tsawwassen!

This thing just restarted - way to make me lose more sleeping time! Henry picked me up after 3:30, and we chatted about the hot weather / his nieces / the beach / keeping cool in the ice rink / wanting to go somewhere nice. At Awana, I was surprised that Chrystal wasn't there; instead, Danny had been pressed into service. Martin figured that I'd want to sit where he currently was - good guy! He later took a group picture for us, right when Auntie Vivian and I were talking to little Hilary's mom. Since all the kids were practicing for next week's awards presentation ("WE ARE SPARKS" / the Gideon story), I didn't get much kid interaction in today - but did attempt to say hi to Sean, Hannah, and Julia! Auntie Rebecca talked to me about being active on Facebook, the way time passed in Awana (ten years already!), and the orientation on Sept. 6 with the first day being the 12th. I think I'll have to have an early celebration... yikes. This also means I can't make it to Dylan and Deb's wedding!

While I was scrambling to get some stuff done, Auntie Rebecca said that someone was waiting for me. Since I hadn't actually yet told Ada that I didn't need a ride home, I had to wait a couple minutes more for her to get back in the room. I interacted with a baby sibling about his vibrating colorful stroller toy instead! After I did tell Ada, I got out of there in due time - yup, it was Teunis! Met his friend Jasmine, AKA Wolfie - we didn't know our other names till we were sitting down in Tsawwassen with Krista's dad, grandma, brother, Vanessa, and others. Talked about green mustard (parsley / chives / something else), coleslaw, chips, cheeseburgers, salmon, stories, being distantly related to royalty, Jordan, swords, white Eric, dinners, RPG, email, and other stuff. Blew a few bubbles so I wouldn't have wasted bringing the solution along. Hugged Krista hello, updated Teunis on the latest DRAMA situation, corrected his mixing up R#1 and R#2, and talked a bit to Krista's grandma who did start repeating herself about Mushi (the cat) and not caring what other people thought about things. She apparently was in a Russian camp for a few years!

Properly met Krista's dad Os, and loved the entertainment - interesting music mix included the Ghostbusters! Moved inside after a while to discuss bugs, BrĂ¼no, phone numbers, getting lost, apple crumble, chocolate and vanilla ice cream, idiot exes and current people, history, poly, friends, and other interesting topics. I finally got to tell Teunis what someone had once told me to try justifying poly: "Christ had love for many people!" EWWWWWWWWW! It was an interesting time out, and I got to talk to Vanessa about stuff on the way home too. As a reminder to myself, I told her that I had to pack up some cookies for the kids tomorrow - I did that as soon as I got home!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home