Saturday, July 18, 2009

Rosemary, basil, Cheese Scream, Szechuan, General Tao Chicken, Neapolitan ice cream

Got to the usual place early, and it was SO HOT when I waited for Eric! Good thing I had my water (which I refilled at Subway - the ice melted in the two minutes it took me to walk to church) so I could hydrate myself! Discussed dinner options, bread at Mr. Sub, Monday's meeting, nightmares, library books, guessing, and more on the way over. Funny he should ask about Teunis ("I haven't seen him in a while") since I'm seeing him tomorrow - as I told him later, I suggested they become Facebook friends. Eric thinks I should wear my Joker socks since I was wearing a purple shirt and (to him) purple pants. I retorted that the pants were blue; later, Jon said that they were grape-ish. Can't win with these guys, man...

When we got to church, we discussed cash arrangements and Subway sandwiches. I went to Superstore and bought rosemary / basil Miss Vickie's chips, white chocolate chip cookies, General Tao Superstore brand (President's Choice) chips, Szechuan Superstore brand chips, and Doritos Cheese Scream chips. Later, Eric made much of these purchases, and joked that I'd eat half of it tonight when I got home - NO WAY! After I ate my dinner of a footlong steak and cheese sub at the store since I had time (and it was better than eating on the stairs or outside), I concluded that I should have eaten first - don't shop when hungry! Going in on one piece of sushi isn't good, heh. Went to the church and listened to the last of the Jon / Jonathan / Eric / Nathan / Isabel / Margaret / Darren worship practice. Vanessa waved at me later and asked if I were coming up - of course! Gave the STOLEN INNOCENCE book to Jon at the piano first, in case I forgot later.

Upstairs, I said hi to Danielle and Shally - Vivian said that they'd missed me at Monday's meeting, but quickly updated me on some stuff. Laughed at Dylan's keyboard fumbling, and applause was a running gag during the announcements. Jon mentioned that he'd bring durian to the church picnic next week: YOU EAT ALONE! Harmony managed to make it to Fellowship, which is good... she got Mom's email about Dad's 60th birthday, and they should be able to make it. During Bible Study, Nathan / Kevin / Dylan / Deb / Teresa / Vanessa / I talked about emotion, sweating, oozing (Nate liked my answer of "oozing blood from a gaping wound" - Danielle didn't expect that), perspiring, Andy and Megan's wedding, Steph oversleeping till 8 after the funeral lunch and dinner (Dad urged her to SKIP!), Nathan's checkbox shirt, Nate going to England, Cindy and Johnny being absent, and other things.

Dylan mixed up Vivian and Vanessa, while Eric said that it was a good thing that she wasn't Grace. Apparently, Grace has called him "Jeremy" a few times, and needs Phil to remind her about the names of her own friends! We had Neapolitan ice cream (which was given to Jon and Harmony, later given to me when they went to Sweet Revenge on Main), grapes, and cherries for a snack afterwards. I talked to Citrus about drugs and PINEAPPLE EXPRESS, to Eric about the cards I got for Fellowship use, to Teresa about exchanging two $5 bills for a $10 bill (offering), to Harmony / Jon / Steph about family stuff (Mom sent them all the same message - REDUNDANT!), and more. Told Wesley that it was good to see him there - for sure! Teresa then asked Harmony and Danielle a bunch of questions... at least she knows that Harmony is Jon's wife, heh.

Stanley made a few attempts to get us out of the room, so I talked to Andrea about possible hanging out in future. Then I said hi to Stanford and Calla - they were talking about first dates, and wondered about Jon and Harmony, who both don't remember what their first official date was. Reading at Second Cup didn't really count, heh. Discussed CRU the restaurant, the Cannery, BORAT (first movie date!), satire, queen-size mattresses, boxsprings, frames, going outside, etudes, lists, Christon's piano exam, getting old, possible Sunday Dinner at Eric's next weekend, fireworks, memory, food, and more. After dropping off Jon and Harmony (talked about Rob and Ross / Recession Tour / free shows / Vanessa's apparent lack of nervousness), Eric and I had the usual random ride home. He had "creative hearing" when I said "getting change from the bank machine" - it is NOT "getting CHINESE from the bank machine," hahaha! When I was home, I cleaned the kitchen floor, which had somehow gotten very sticky. Don't know why that is... and then I noted that Eric called me from his cell phone later. Guess I'll figure that out on Sunday!


Leslie took the What's your Maturity Level? quiz and the result is 20+ ... Wow! You really have it together. You're organized and smart, and think that laughing at things and people is obnoxious.

Poo nugget for this weekend: It's Still Warm! - Do you hate the shock to the system that comes from your warm butt's initial contact with a cold toilet seat in a public restroom? Or do you find warm toilet seats even worse, as they force you to think about the hygienic practices of the stall's previous occupant? The Thermochronic toilet seat, designed by Peter Crookrak, is supposed to take away the uncertainty of the temperature of the toilet seat in a public restroom. The decision to sit or not is facilitated by the color change of the seat: orange = cool, yellow = hot. The object retains the heat memory of a previous user and displays it as a visual marker for the next user to assess.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home