Sunday, July 12, 2009

Today is definitely Sunday - yay for nougats and ratatouille!

Parents picked me up late, but apparently Grandma forgot today was Sunday - aiya! Mom gave me some baited glue traps that Grandma had bought: nice! The ride to church wasn't very annoying, which was good. Got into church with my big yellow Bay bag, which Cordia commented on. When Steph gave me a small yellow dragon bag from Rachel and Lisa with some almond nougat inside, Cordia said now I had a little yellow bag! Oh yes, although the big one wasn't for me, as I told Connie. Shook hands with Gillis - nice to see him this weekend! Saw Jon and Harmony come in late - turned out they'd slept in till 9:07 or so! Harmony thanked me for the towel and the joke Febreze I'd thrown in - just get Jon to spray the bathroom himself so you don't have to do it, hahaha.

Talked to Brian, Steph, Denise, Andrew, Sarah, Jeremy, Jon, Harmony, and others about soccer / mice / problems / plans before Sunday School started. Saw James and Sanne, and met their two daughters Jenna and Saskia - they all look TANNED! Must be all the European living, haha. Cindy told Harmony who they were - I stuck around for a bit to soak up the vibe, and heard Steph tell Chris about her fake "tattoo." Apparently, her co-workers drew it on her (a heart with an arrow through it and the word "Mom")... she got home later, and fooled Mom into thinking it was real. Later, my dad came out and yelled to go into the fellowship hall - Steph had a facepalm moment when that happened! As I told Harmony, that's one thing which HASN'T mellowed over the years! Heard Jeremy talking about his former roommate Darryl, and the number of pans he himself had from former roommates. Said hi to baby Mattias, who liked staring at my hat - then he reached for my keys when I jangled them for him. Cute kid with big eyes!

Before I went upstairs to help with the kids, I said hi to baby Allison - she does seem to have inherited Jeff's quiet calmness! Got upstairs and saw a lot of kids: Adrian and Ella are back from Calgary for a month, and dumped their two kids plus a cousin on us. Never mind that the cousin (Asher?) and the older sister (Charissa) are both about six years old! The younger brother (Caleb) is about three years old or so. Charissa seemed to like poking me, so I gave her one good look inside my mouth - when she tried getting me to open it again later, I kept it firmly shut. I gave Auntie Fonda her "sympathy" card - she told her husband Kevin later that I was really sweet, and gave me a big hug! At first, I thought I made her cry in front of the kids! It was good, though...

Went downstairs just in time to hear Jeremy say that Jon's big yellow "How to Cook Everything" book was false advertising: no Pho, no mice, no raw dog, and no Chinese dishes! Christon wanted to plan a ramen night for a Sunday Dinner, and Sam said that the Japadogs next week would truly be an attempt! Jon remembered the homemade Pho night - I laughed when he recalled that Christon and Dallas were washing the fruit for shakes in Jeremy's bathroom! Eric, Dylan, and I observed their discussion about ratatouille this afternoon for Nathan's birthday - I can imagine that Jon and Harmony's place is a mess right now! Went to Mui's for lunch - Jon and I laughed at Grandma's thinking that parking a block away from the church (and then the restaurant) was "really far."

Talked to Pastor Fulton and Auntie Teresa about Vernon, Sarah, Serena, Uncle Simon, spareribs, cooking, rice, and more. Got back to the church, where Steph picked me and Grandma up. Discussed Angela's wedding (Steph will be back on the 13th of August - after the parents leave on their cruise), Dylan's wedding, Vegas, Erin's dinner at Martini's tomorrow, Committee meeting, Uncle Allan's death, the Interior bus tour, last Friday's program, and more. This week promises to be a bit quieter than last week, which is fine!


Facebook quiz taken from Steve:

Leslie completed the quiz "Which Literary / Film Character Are You?" with the result Jo (Josephine) March. You are Jo of Little Women - You are a smart, curious, and creative person who seeks to pursue his / her own crafts or passions regardless of widespread opinions or inveterate social-traditions. Though not overtly rebellious, you do not readily conform to social standards and always question them. Your family is your world, and helps orientate you and your values.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home