Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dandelions, redrum, and NOTHING IN A PACKAGE?!

Now I want to blow dandelion seeds all over the place - too bad I can't go outside and do so without looking like a weirdo, haha. Redrum is here again - yikes! At least it won't ruin my experience of the wedding of the year! And just when I wondered what Pizza Hut was offering, I get a menu in my mail - sweet. Pinned that to the fridge for later viewing, heh. Speaking of mail, Corey says that the other package with Milo / Toblerone / chewy caramel Tim Tams / Lindt chocolate bunnies / blank card finally showed up today (after nearly a month) with NOTHING in it! WHAT THE HECK.

[15:14:01] Corey: that other package finally showed up today..... with nothing in it!
[15:14:08] Flami: learning about martyrs: WHAT?!
[15:14:38] Corey: there's a card in it, nothing else. and a sticker on the front that says "RECEIVED WITHOUT CONTENTS"
[15:14:57] Corey: the end is all ripped open, and taped back down..
[15:16:03] Corey: this says something about "insured value" on it.... if you paid for insurance you might want to look into cashing in on that
[15:18:28] Corey: the end wasn't opened, like the sticky part didn't come undone, it's cut all the way across. I'm guessing the post office put the tape on the end... unless that's how you shipped it. even with that tape, it was partially open
[15:29:55] Corey: "For items destined to addresses outside of Canada, please contact Customer Service General Information at 1-866-607-6301 Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm local time."
[15:30:16] Corey: they have a claim form for damaged items online, but it's only good for stuff within Canada
[15:30:31] Corey: there's also Lost Item...
[15:30:39] Corey: not sure which that is :P I got it, but it's also lost
[15:30:41] Flami: learning about martyrs: well, I certainly didn't cut anything.
[15:32:50] Corey: well, they all say to call for stuff outside of Canada. and the claims form thing has Canada as the only country option, so I guess you'll have to do that part...

it asks for the service type (Expedited Parcel) and the number, which I guess you have, but it's CX 237 768 508 CA
[15:33:24] Corey: and date received... today! :P 5/21/2009
[15:33:52] Corey: so... I'd give them a call and try to get your money back if I were you.. it says it's insured for $100 on the customs thing
[15:39:35] Flami: when I mailed it, they said that anything up to $100 was free insurance, whatever that meant
[15:40:47] Corey: that means it's automatically insured up to $100
[15:41:06] Corey: so if you shipped a PS3 and didn't buy extra insurance, they'd give you $100 and you'd be screwed on the rest
[15:41:58] Corey: I'm guessing $100 would cover this one. also go check your email, I took a picture of it :P you can show that to them if they ask for proof or something, I don't know
[15:42:26] Flami: (I avoided death again!) yes, I got it, thanks
[15:48:57] Flami: true... it was chocolate bunnies, Milo, Toblerone, and Tim Tams... so, close enough.
[15:52:52] Corey: the "received without contents" sticker was added here, so I guess it could have happened anywhere along the way... definitely looks cut or torn open though, since it's just opened along the edge, it's not like he package got mangled somehow
[15:53:33] Corey: I don't know if they give you money for the shipping AND the item... but hopefully they do both
[16:29:18] Flami: well, I can tell you that the envelope certainly didn't look like THAT when I mailed it...
[16:29:50] Corey: aside from the end being open, that's about how they all look :P
[16:30:31] Corey: so I assume the tape on the end wasn't from you? I'm guessing they did that at the post office here, when they put the sticker on the front
[16:46:03] Flami: if the shiny stuff on the end is tape, then some of it could have been from me...
[16:47:21] Corey: well, it looks like the flap was taped down, but what you're seeing on the front there is tape over the cut end, not the flap.. a different piece
[16:50:52] Flami: in that case, I certainly didn't ship it like that, no
[16:55:15] Corey: well, call them up and demand that they pay up :P
[16:55:55] Corey: I'm kind of guessing they'll try to screw you over on this since the tracking info says it arrived in the destination country, where they'll say it was out of their hands after that or something
[16:55:59] Corey: but give it a shot
[17:00:47] Flami: but what do I say?
[17:01:38] Corey: that you need to make an insurance claim because the package showed up empty, after taking almost a month to arrive
[17:02:15] Corey: that's the online form, they'll just want all that info...
[17:02:55] Corey: also make sure to say there was a label on the package showing that it was empty before it got here
[17:03:50] Corey: (that doesn't mean it happened somewhere else in the US before getting to my town, but whatever :P it shows that it was empty BEFORE delivery, not just us saying "uh, it was empty!" after I opened it myself and emptied out the contents)
[17:19:01] Flami: let's see... on phone now
[17:21:23] Flami: hmm. was on phone for 30 seconds before I got a dial tone. what the heck
[17:28:35] Corey: try again? it might be too late... I don't know how late they work
[17:30:35] Flami: I did... on phone again
[17:37:35] Flami: all right... have a reference number: 720 7363
[17:37:59] Flami: this representative was helpful, at least
[17:38:10] Corey: what did they say?
[17:39:40] Flami: I had to provide the tracking number and our names and addresses - good thing I memorized your address
[17:40:59] Corey: you could look at the picture I sent :P
[17:41:04] Flami: they said that I'd get a refund of the package value by cheque in five to ten business days, and I got an apology
[17:41:15] Flami: (I know.... but I memorized it anyway)
[17:44:29] Corey: does that include what you paid for shipping?
[17:44:45] Corey: sounds like you're getting something though, which is good
[17:47:53] Flami: learning about martyrs: they said that they couldn't pay for shipping since the envelope already got there. I didn't think I could add the shipping charges onto the declared value of the contents... they do have records of it, presumably, so.
[17:50:26] Corey: well, better than nothing at least
[17:57:29] Flami: that's true enough... maybe you'll have to ask Jane to send you Milo instead, haha
[18:06:40] Corey: that's dumb that they won't refund shipping since it got here... who cares if an envelope makes it here? :P that's not the part that matters
[18:07:02] Corey: my sister, her boyfriend, and the dogs are here for dinner, so I'll be back later


Facebook quizzes taken from Jennifer J., Natalie, Morgana, and Diane:

Leslie completed the quiz "What Work of Literature Are You?" with the result Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?. You wonder at the future. What will the world hold for us all? And what will consciousness mean if we as men can create it? What is divinity, humanity? What is anything, after all, if anything can be manufactured... We must preserve somehow, above all things, our sense of self, our identity. For without it, we are lost, like teardrops in the rain.

Leslie just took the "What Romantic Movie Couple are you?" quiz and the result is Summer and Seth. THE OC. You get into stupid playful fights sometimes, but above all that, you and your lover are always together like best friends.

Leslie completed the quiz "Which Nintendo Character Are You?" with the result Samus. You are the most courageous and outstanding of your class. You don't need others to tell you who to be, you go it alone. Your own style! However, even though you probably don't need anyone else, make sure you leave a little room for friends! They're important.

Leslie took the What's your Celtic name? quiz and the result is Branwen. Goddess of love and beauty.

Leslie completed the quiz "Which insanely cool movie character are you?" with the result Donkey from Shrek. You may have seen a housefly, or maybe even a superfly. But you ain't never seen a donkey fly!





Your Pop Star Name Is Emma 3000



You're Gonna Be a Star!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home