Monday, April 20, 2009

What's (post-) Easter without a few chocolate bunnies?

This thing just restarted on me!

I decided to go to my local London Drugs (fueled entirely by two squares of Lindt chocolate) to see if I could find Tim Tams there, after I threw away my old sponges and steel wool. As you may recall, I was thwarted yesterday on Broadway, so of course I wanted to go where I actually had found some. I was thinking that I missed parts of last year: maybe the going out and doing stuff, but nothing else really. The store had all three flavors that I've come across there: Original, Classic Dark, and Chewy Caramel. I got two Classic Dark (one for myself OR for Billie, and one to share at Fellowship when we go to Nathan's to play games) and two Original - one's for Corey, and the other one is for myself. Now I have both Tim Tams AND hot chocolate, which was my objective yesterday... I will dip the Australian stuff in the drink later on, as it's too warm out now to contemplate doing it in the afternoon. Got a Ritter Sport bar, since I've never tried them - extra fine dark chocolate it IS!

Since I noticed that the Toblerone bars were on sale, I got four of the smaller ones in dark chocolate. The bigger ones were obviously on sale too, but I think the smaller ones will be easier to eat, even if it's cheaper to get two big ones than four of the reduced size! (my mouth is NOT able to accommodate a HUGE thing, thanks...) I also noticed Lindt Easter bunnies were on sale (they have bells!), so I got a white / dark / milk set each for myself (well, two :P), Ian, and Sean. If they don't like it or if it's too much chocolate... well, that's why they have parents! :D

I'd have gotten the really mini bunnies for some other kids, but I really don't want to get accused of favoritism. Also wanted to get a blank card for Corey to go along with his stuff (bunnies wouldn't fit in his envelope), and one for Stanford to encourage him in light of his Easter sharing, so did that as well. I should ask Calla when his birthday is - maybe through EMAIL! One of the blank cards was the same green-and-black "night vision" one that Erik gave Krista over Christmas. I liked the text on the front: "If I could, I'd find a fairy godmother with a magical wand and combat boots - so that she could grant your wishes and kick the crap outta anything that tried to get in the way of your happiness." Not sure whether that would be appropriate for Stanford, but a blank one with multiple smiley faces being the other choice? Hmm... must think! (and now Corey's trying to convince me that dark chocolate hot chocolate has more antioxidants that destroy the Tim Tam demons which can watch you sell your soul in the ancient ritual of combining Tim Tams with hot chocolate dark enough to blacken your soul for eternity!!!!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home