Monday, April 20, 2009

On-sale body wash and chocolate, 3-0 lead, Roy, and mustard glaze

This morning, my brother invited me to a Sunday Dinner TONIGHT, so I said yes even if I was half-asleep. On the way to church, we mainly discussed certain aspects of his wedding - I thought that I had to change the RSVP to Andy and Megan's wedding, but my brother thinks Awana will understand. True, but I already have to take a week off six weeks prior, AND took an unscheduled week off a couple weeks ago! We'll see what happens, haha. (also discussed Helen and Joe, Helen and Danny, Lauren and Warren, Mel and Frances, Anita and Jeff, plus more of my friends / their kids) Saw Jeremy on our way into service, which was pretty good - we were late, but the three of us got enough room to sit in a pew up front! Shared amusement, especially when Phil telescoped the words "desire" and "serve" into "deserve (to serve in this congregation)" - hahaha, it could happen to anyone! Noticed Raymond in the row behind me, which is good. Margaret wasn't there to receive her new membership since she was in the Sun Run - I don't think Jonathan would be an accurate representative to replace her!

Later on, I went straight to the fellowship hall to discover that someone had made lemon-walnut cookies. Talked to Helen and her sons Nicholas (who thanked me for some stickers I gave him, and told me about his cousin Faith) and Cory - baby Cory smiled at me! Discussed coconut jelly, grapes, and more - noticed Karmie inviting people to a dinner, but I know I wouldn't be welcome, so didn't ask. Besides, I like my downtime too. Confirmed Eric's non-attendance at the dinner with him while also saying that I wouldn't spoil the kids with the cookies, so told my brother that I'd figure something out later; I'd told my parents that I'd go to lunch at the old Green Village with them and their friends Alan and Polly.

Said hi to Jen and Silvester (!), told Cindy about the RSVP issue, greeted Adam and Andrew, and tried resolving the RESTAURANT CITY thing with Stanley. I was right about the reason he took me off his Facebook list, but that doesn't explain why I still appear on his list for the game! I reiterated that I had NEVER played the game before (though I did just get an invite from Olivia yesterday), and Olivia told me that sometimes Facebook was glitchy. I know this, especially if I'm getting comments on months-old links which have nothing to do with a bored person going back through pages of stuff! Raymond told me about seeing Yoda on TV with lightsabers, Terry, this week's Sunday Dinner being WAY TOO short notice for him, healing rooms being closed, Harrison Ford in THE FUGITIVE, and some more stuff: always good talking with him! (I was patient in waiting till Andrew finished with him) Saw Jeff walking his daughter Allison in the foyer (she had Daniel's keys), so spent some time interacting with her - I think she smiled at me, or Julie! She looked happy, at any rate.

Sunday School was okay - one of the kids was a snot factory, and must have used up a third of a new Kleenex box! Amanda's sister Hannah said that she'd taken the monkey I gave her to church, and it was in the car; cool stuff! Talked for a bit with the guys in the fellowship hall (little Nathan told me that he'd get KFC for lunch after he finished waiting for his sister Natalie) before seeing where my mom was. My parents and their friends were making jokes about pictures and things like that. Before we finally left, I had a little conversation with Cindy's student Roy: he remembers me, and I think he's grown a bit since the last time I remember seeing him a few months ago... very cool! Lunch at Green Village was pretty good (listened to Alan and Polly tell my parents about their Australian cruise) - I love dark tea, man! After getting no answer from Jon on his cell, I decided to kill time - yes, I told my parents what I was doing!

Went to the Shoppers Drug Mart at Broadway / Commercial - I found that Softsoap body washes were more than $5 off, so I had to get one of each type! Milk and honey, pomegranate and mango, pink grapefruit splash, and ultra shea butter were added to my basket in short order since they were only $3 - you bet I'll use those! Got some on-sale Lindt chocolate (70% with squares of 85% and 90%) in hopes of sharing it, plus 200 plastic sandwich bags. After calling my brother again to see if Jeremy was home yet (nope), I killed time by going to the Safeway across the street to get Milo for Corey.

I also got some hot chocolate for myself, then decided to go to the new London Drugs location to see if THEY had Tim Tams. Went on the 99 Express B-Line after missing the 9 Alma since I stood at the wrong place, and I was able to be dropped off right in front of the store! They didn't have Tim Tams that I could see; since I was determined not to waste the few blocks of detour, I decided to get an on-sale Lindt chili chocolate bar. Saw a chili pepper on the front of it, so figured that this might be what I was thinking of when I got the one with cherry coulis. When I tried it later on at Jeremy's, it was indeed what I had been expecting with the other one - YAY! (I might go to my local London Drugs for more Tim Tams, and the local Shoppers for some body wash and stuff - perhaps not, but you never know!)

Went to Jeremy's, as it was starting to spit rain - I knew it was colder this morning, so I did put on a sweater! Good thing Jeremy and Ray were home at that time - I decided to sign various April cards for Andrea / Chuck / Chrystal / Calla / Karen Lew / Michelle / Jon's convocation. We talked about Jon buying salmon at Granville Island, Jon's grad and how long he'd been in school, smoking in front of kids (and kids smoking pipes in school!), Wayland studying in St. Louis, Jeremy's dad's drums (converted into a tower), more chairs from Kelowna (I thought they were from his store!), numerous beets (regular / golden / candy cane) and their greens, kale, Regent life / grad, the Anglican view on same-sex marriage, mustard glaze being like horseradish / wasabi, THE GREEN MILE (which I saw last summer), Jacob's Well, cocks (as in roosters :P), and more. Ray wore a Maple Leafs jersey under his "ordinary time" robe when he preached today at his church - interesting!

Christon, Nathan, two of Jon's female friends, and Aaron showed up later. We watched the hockey game through CBC's live streaming, which required Jeremy to drag the computer setup from his room to the dining room table. He swapped his Internet cable for Ray's, after which Ray felt free to cheer for St. Louis since they weren't Vancouver. Jeremy showed us that he could come from the future because the radio announcing was 45 seconds ahead of the "live" stream - when he showed us this, the first words out of John Shorthouse's mouth were something about Vancouver taking a 2-1 lead in the game. YES, LET US LIVE IN THE FUTURE!

After we watched Vancouver take a 3-0 series lead by winning the game 3-2, we watched various funny Youtube videos (Gary Glitter? William Shatner doing a spoken-word version of ROCKET MAN? Shad? LOOK AROUND YOU on germs?), Homestar Runner, plus something from Spike TV comparing old-school methods of death using today's science. The commercials for Stride gum got annoying, but at least I shared some chocolate! A samurai narrowly won against a Viking: the comparison of long, medium, and short-range weapons was very cool, as was the cinematic final epic re-enactment of a one-on-one battle! (halberd, yumi, kitana, and more!)

I liked the expert analysis, and the dummy they "killed" over and over - imagine dying by an arrow piercing your eye! This reminded Jeremy of a documentary he'd seen on execution methods and the death penalty: seems laughing gas was frowned upon because people should SUFFER under capital punishment before they did, and not be all euphoric. There have been botched lethal injections as well, so that method isn't necessarily humane or painless. I should look that up sometime, given my interest in the morbid! The salmon, salad, special beer, red and white wines, and five types of cheese were ALL well-received... it only cost $13 or so a person!

Discussed weddings, Jon possibly using his speech to offend a LOT of people ("your cars are NOT good for the environment or your carbon footprint!"), the guys' Victoria trip, similarities between my dad and Jeremy's, a possible exclusion of wine at the banquet not being a good thing, a marriage being annulled within a week and a half of the wedding, making sure you'd have a long list of reasons why the two couldn't marry each other (at least half in jest), "ugfart" and other unique family nicknames, Summer Conference worship being translated into Chinese for once (and the expense!), and joking suggestions of what (not?) to play at Jon's wedding banquet. Christon, Nate, and I told Aaron to play Britney Spears (especially FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY BROKEN HEART), N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Celine Dion, and other things he doesn't like. It was good times on the way home - yay for Nathan being our chauffeur! Talked about moving out, being independent, Asian culture, Harmony's sleep issues, being really tired, and more. Good times!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home