Friday, April 17, 2009

Cravings for chips and meat / Yay for snazzy electric blue phones!

Eric picked me up and we listened to Game 2 of the Canucks-Blues series on the way to church. The first period seemed really action-packed! During commercial breaks, we talked about plans and being evil. I helped him with his Canucks flag in my window - I'm sure I can do it properly given some practice! At Fellowship, I managed to talk to Raymond for barely two minutes - I did get a look at his snazzy electric blue phone, however! Too bad the browser took way too long to load when he wanted to check the hockey score. (he'd told Nathan the wrong score, as it was 0-0 at the end of the first!) Greeted Grace, Cindy, Sheena, and Christon - then went to Bible Study and spent time with Eric / Nathan (whose house we'll be in next week) / Cindy / Kevin (whose Lays Sweet Chili chips made me crave chips in general) / the "different woman" Teresa (who had hilarious questions about money and Shoppers points) / Dylan (who does NOT appreciate "Durian" as a nickname!) / Vanessa / Johnny. We saw a bunch of people watching the game via someone's laptop in another room, and were periodically alerted to goals by people cheering.

Teresa asked Vanessa how old she was, then asked Eric what his last name was and whether he had any Jewish blood in him! I thought she was going to say something about his having a big nose, but luckily she didn't. Then she asked why he had the same name as Eric Hamber Secondary School... uh, because Eric is a popular name? Later, she got the Shoppers points system confused with money / government programs: "They can take my money away through the direct deposit!" When the game was over, Julie S. came by our room and waved a Canucks flag at us: the Canucks won 3-0 against the Blues. Kevin's Lays chips (Sweet Chili) made me crave chips; I knew I had some Pringles Smoking Hot Ranch ones at home! As for the Taco Del Mar sponsoring of the post-game show, the meat craving was something else.

Talked to Sheena for a bit later, and then Eric called my name from downstairs. Stanley was irritated, and told me that I cheated on some Facebook game I've actually never played (Restaurant City) - he took me OFF his list, despite what he thinks! ("There's only one Leslie on my list... and you get everything before everyone else!" I've seen Andrea L. and Emily L. discussing it, but that's about it...) Said hi to Tony and his brother Sonny (and waved to Chris Lam) before making my way down the stairs. After some discussion with others about the game and such, we went home. Dylan got some games from Phil, Vanessa put the TABOO buzzer somewhere else, and Cindy explained that she LOVED Apples to Apples. I analyzed a wave, then we got into some random stuff while he got some gas and wondered about his radio. Good times!


Edit: Meat craving satiated. Yum! Salad or jambalaya would have been better, but maybe next time.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home